HTC Endeavor, HTC Ville get christened with official names
0. phoneArena 15 Feb 2012, 12:14 posted on
The here-to-fore unrevealed branding of the HTC Ville and HTC Endeavor have leaked out, according to multiple industry sources...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kcelsius (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Seems like HTC is trying to start a line of phones like Motorola did with the "Droid" line and Samsung with the "Galaxy" line.
2. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Agree with that. HTC One-X sounds good - reminds me of Nexus One days.
30. moosa.mahsoom (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i get the feeling HTC Ville and Edge will be similar. But, i highly doubt the fact which will perform better. Tegra 3 is quad-core. but, ville has a brand new, super-powerful core architecture, even gives cortex a15 a touch run for the money.
33. kcelsius (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I think that the new S4 Snapdragon processors should be noticeably better than the S3 ones which seemed sorta choppy and sluggish on some phones. As for quad core, I'm really starting to wonder....what exactly do you even need quad core for on a smartphone for? I feel like there's an extent to what you can do but in the future I could see our cell phones becoming our laptops that we just plug into a dock.
I just feel like at this moment quad core may not be fully optimized for ICS and we may not be able to fully use the power of the processor.
3. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I guess its the start of a Series of phones.
4. maxkobi (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
i do think that starting a series like the galaxy or droid line can help a company. it does also scare me though because its a better way to brand s**tty phones. once a line is known as dominate they can sneak in a junk phone and it can be sold more mainstream to users unlike us tech junkies that don't know the difference between motoblur and sense... which we all know are useless haha
main point being HTC put out a lot of phones last year... i hope they are able to keep this "one" series in its respected place and not start adding a lot to it like the galaxy line is starting to do. the droid line... well... i would say they plateaued about 86 phone generations back... that's how many generations they have created since the droid X right?
5. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's already been done: Acer's Aspire One are a series of netbooks, and One^x and One^s are too similar in sound for me to differentiate them in a conversation
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, One is okay I guess. I like the idea anyway. (:
7. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
ughhhh that sounds so stupid, i like the concept but the One S? I feel an Apple lawsuit coming
8. haydenb (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Sense is one of the few good custom UI's but that being said the One X isn't that bad of name for their new phone although i did the sound of Edge
14. Lucasonic (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Just like we got the "Rezound" instead of "Vigor". I'd have to agree Edge would be a classy name for a phone.
16. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
I wonder if they thought "Edge" might be too conceptually similar to RAZR for some people?
9. victo410 (Posts: 16; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
Good for you HTC, never is too late to start using good component ( Amoled rather than Super-LCD , Tegra 3 rather than slow-crapdragon.
only thing they need start improving is Camera sensor, after that will be able to compete with any superphone coming on aka Samsung SIII, Apple Iphone 5 and so on.
31. moosa.mahsoom (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
htc at present has one of the best cameras in the market for now. Snapdragon was crappydragon for 2011. alrite. that is because they sticked with the out dated Scorpion architecture. the krait architecture is much more advanced and is smaller than tegra 3. The hexagon HPU is one of the best for low power tasks. Adreno 225 has processing power equal to the gpu on the apple a5 when at the same frequency. P.S Adreno 225 is clocked at 400 Mhz whereas PowerVR SGX543 on the apple a5 i believe is clocked at 200 Mhz. Adreno 225 can process 125 million triangles(compare than the sgx543's 35 M triangles). Note: Geforce on tegra has not beaten powervr.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It's certainly way f**king better than XOOM or Xyboard. Seriously, someone hand me a battle axe. I have a date with the Motorola naming department's computers.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
is anyone else sick of the "x", "s", and "1,2,..." naming policies? i like the edge/endeavor and even the ville better.
12. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
HTC One Supreme
HTC One Edge
HTC One Endeavor
Well, those names do sound better with the brand than One X and One S.
32. moosa.mahsoom (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
it should have been something like Omega. baah!!not Omega. Tesla...naah!!! Hero X, Desire X. those sound better/
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i liked the Supreme. i would've liked Droid Supreme even more. the Droid Bionic rules all machines? lol j/k here comes the Droid Supreme. ;D
13. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
It's about time HTC decided on a smartphone brand.
17. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
Wonder how they'll follow up with a sequel name, "HTC One-Two-S (or X)" lolol.
They can do better.
20. Nathan (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
More like the HTC One S2 and the HTC One X2 or they could try the HTC One 2S and the HTC One 2X, its going to be interesting how they are going to name the sequels. :)
18. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Rumors has it there'll be two more models in between each. The one-E and one-Y. So one-S, one-E, one-X, and one-Y all together. Kidding, not funny. Lolz!
21. willsully1221 (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
(I love htc and do not like apple)
I think HTC has started to try to control the smartphone world. They might be using the "One" series like (how most people said this earlier) the "Droid" series, "Galaxy" series, "Nexus" series, and (possibly) the "Apple Iphone". With them loading up with heavy ammunition like the HTC Speak, Beats Audio, and the new music service with Beats, HTC may be trying to become just like every other Android (and somewhat Apple) manufacturer and create that line/series of smartphones. I am really looking forward to this and can't wait for HTC to unveil all of this stuff a MWC.
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They already have the EVO series (sorta) why they need "The One" I have no idea
23. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Speaking of the EVO series, it will be interesting to see if they have a version of these phones released on Sprint and if they will change the names to continue the EVO line
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, watch it continue the "first" marketing that the rest have. first 4G phone, first 3D phone and now first Quad-Core phone. o:
26. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Don't know why you got thumbed down?
Anyways that would follow the EVO trend and the HTC trend for that matter, release the same phone with 2,000 different names
29. willsully1221 (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I get your point. They might feel need (which they could be right) to enhance and make a bigger reputation with its series using bigger more improved features. And in my opinion, the One series sounds nice
25. gatordotcom (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Jun 2010)
Yeah let's just roll with the EVO line forever...they should have done that from the beginning, think of it...Verizon EVO instead of thunderbolt...evos all kick ass
27. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Interesting rumor going around.
HTC might release a quad core device to ALL carriers that have LTE AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. T-mo.....dont know.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
HTC usually takes care of T-Mobile. I could see them doing an Amaze successor with HSPA+ 42mbps. o: