HTC Edge may be one of the first quad-core smartphones
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:03
While we all anxiously await the arrival of the Asus Transformer Prime tablet which will reportedly pack the Tegra 3 quad-core processor, it appears as though a device from HTC known as the Edge may be one of the first smartphones to feature a quad-core of its own…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. tacohunter posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:53 5 7
Htc is just quietly brilliant, and they're gonna proof this once again.
P.S. That profile photo, delete it. Change it to ICS or a little android logo. It doesn't show any respect at all.
22. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:08 7 2
did someone die and make you boss? freedom of speech also means the freedom to be offended and to offend.
Its also a play on a very old calvin pissing on xxxxx set of stickers. its probably one of the least offensive things on these boards.
33. tacohunter posted on 07 Nov 2011, 16:45 4 3
Let's just say, I offend people that offend ios, wp, bb and symbiant. Just because android is better. Ok, you can say that. But the explanations why android is better just suck. You clearly didn't read anything of my link.
I think that every os has it's cons and pros. But this article goes about htc. And I find htc still one of the best phones ever made. Even better then samsung. My opinion ;)
55. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 22:06 1 1
what the hell are you talking about tacohunter?
noone said anything about any OS. I am talking about that picture that YOU think someone else needs to bend to your will for.
I dont need to read your link to know that you need to get over yourself if you think your going to tell others how to run their avatar to suit your needs.. end of story.
74. kmix1987 posted on 08 Nov 2011, 11:06 0 0
100% agree. Went back from my samsung mesmerize to my htc desire, less memory but better phone.
97. buggerrer posted on 12 Nov 2011, 20:02 0 0
Are you offended tacohunter?
Please slowly scroll down to the bottom of this page:
29. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Nov 2011, 16:00 4 2
srsly?! who do you think you are? you show up out of no where telling people what to do and how to think. ive never even seen you post before today. go elsewhere plz
36. cncrim posted on 07 Nov 2011, 18:04 4 0
What's wrong with logo? go dont like it. Tough :( get over it.
56. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 22:07 5 1
i never even noticed it until he made a big deal about it on a half dozen threads... lol.
WAAAAAAAH... someone call the internet police, i find that picture offending!!! waaah!!.. seriously.. wtf..
49. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:29 2 0
I'd like to know how nice the Tegra 3 integrates with LTE radios are they like
80. choupino posted on 08 Nov 2011, 18:35 0 0
The EXYNOS chip is not LTE capable.
2. Muhannad posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:13 11 0
Holy crap! This is more powerful than my computer!
95. alpinejason posted on 11 Nov 2011, 08:11 0 0
just about.not much longer then all the smartphones will be more powerful then my laptop.but my laptop is over 3 years old.its still amazing that they can get that much power into a device that fits into your pocket
3. roldefol posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:14 6 0
Cue cries from all sides of "The Nexus/Razr is already obsolete!!"
6. Muhannad posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:19 10 0
A smartphone which is considered "future-proof" doesn't exist.
81. pilex posted on 09 Nov 2011, 00:44 0 0
both looks beautiful!
4. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:16 13 0
Finally.. something without a snapdragon! This is the first.. open the floodgates to quadcore land! :)
9. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:26 6 1
right? if they do right with Sense 4 then this could be a good turning point for HTC.
17. HTCiscool posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:53 4 0
Yeh, they finally got it right :) but you're right the previous Sense editions have been rather repetitive.
5. Muhannad posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:18 5 1
The first quad core smartphone should be more special. Here are some proposed specs:
- 2Ghz Quad Core Processor
- 12MP Camera with a Xenon Flash capable of 1080p at 60Fps
- 2GB of RAM
- 4.5" Display with a Full HD Resolution (1920*1080)
- 3.2MP Front Facing Camera
11. jackhammeR posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:29 7 0
stop kidding:)...htc don't know how to utilize properly xenon flash.
And it will take time to see first front camera bigger than 2 mpx.
I'm curious...how they will utilize quad core power? Where? What for? And battery remains the same?
This is a joke.
30. snowgator posted on 07 Nov 2011, 16:23 4 0
That's where I was going. ICS isn't even out yet and is the first real software primed for dual core. Are we really pumping out anything software wise that will make this relevant? Or is it just to get people to buy a new phone or fall behind?
44. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:18 0 0
Well when I buy a smart phone I'm stuck with it for 22 months so I want the most cutting edge tech in it at the time I purchase I know in less than a month my phone won't be the best any more but if can be on par till my next upgrade that would be great
57. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 22:08 0 0
technically, its "multi-core" optimized. Once you get past 2 cores the software can run a near infinite amount of cores.. it doesnt need to become quad-core optimized. It already is when it became dual core optimized.
23. remixfa posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:10 4 0
lol.. incrimental upgrades my friend. How I wish we took jumps that large though.. how fun would that be.
51. GoodFella posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:43 0 0
Hey, the HTC Evo was not so incremental when it was released- it was a powerhouse! I'd love to see something like that get released again. Something that just takes the fire away from everything else.
I agree that quadcore is overkill for the software that is out right now, but in the future, this will be nice. The battery life is going to be rubbish.
Anyway, this will be pretty gnarly!
65. Firedrops posted on 07 Nov 2011, 23:46 0 0
For devices 5" and below, there really is no point pushing further than 720p. The diminishing returns/price of production explode. 720p at 5" is a nice 293 DPI. Even if you were to put that screen 0.1cm away from your eye, you'd have a damn hard time seeing the individual pixel.
71. simplyj posted on 08 Nov 2011, 07:16 0 0
There's a fine line between smartphone and computer buddy, and you just passed it.
72. Rejeimha posted on 08 Nov 2011, 09:20 0 0
And a 3000 mAh battery to power the thing in order to get a full day's use out of it.
7. Mojobobo posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:19 1 0
SPECS WAITING FOR:
1.5-2.0ghz quad core
2gb+ onboard ram
5.0"+ screen Super Amoled preferrably
Hopefully this phone doesnt turn out to be like the droid x2
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:27 0 0
I wonder which carrier this HTC phone will be on. It makes the Rezound seem kind of on the pitiful side.... F*cking A!
13. jackhammeR posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:31 0 1
You know what quad cores mean?
That they will forgot about dual cores and instead develop and make it better they will focus on raw power of quad cores (without any idea how to use it).
15. hunted posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:50 1 0
Is this the answer from HTC for Samsung Galaxy S3?
32. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 07 Nov 2011, 16:40 1 0
i m sure samsung is watchin it ... n they gonna mk sgs III better than anything else out there.......
16. HTCiscool posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:50 3 0
Yay! Goodbye S3 chip!!!
Tegra 3 chip FTW!
As far as I'm concerned, HTC only needs to fix battery life, they nailed the screen on the Rezound, nailed the camera on the Amaze and hopefully on this they can nail the battery life!
If only its screen was AMOLED.
19. Kease posted on 07 Nov 2011, 14:59 1 0
Nice, I should be able to afford this in 2013 when I get my upgrade!
20. HTCiscool posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:02 0 0
Couldn't Google have made the Galaxy Nexus just a little more future proof?
21. roldefol posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:06 2 0
Google was essentially saying you only need a 1 Ghz OMAP 4 and 1 GB RAM to run ICS. You don't _need_ quad-core, but I'm sure it'll help!
24. christianqwerty posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:11 2 2
Quadcore is nice and all, but all that power in a 4-4.5 inch screen?
25. HTCiscool posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:12 0 0
It would be nice if they could release an up-to-date tablet with a Tegra 3 chip.
I couldn't bring myself to purchase the Flyer because of its single-core processor and its diminutive size.
69. remixfa posted on 08 Nov 2011, 06:50 0 0
The Asus transformer 2 is about to drop.. with ICS and tegra3. Consider your prayer... answered! :)
28. Phaze0085 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:39 0 0
This thing looks awesome, but when will the HTC Titan release for ATT?
31. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 07 Nov 2011, 16:37 1 1
wow.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i m sure its gonna beat shit outta ishit5 in 2012
48. taco50 (banned) posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:27 1 1
Glad you're comparing this to the best phone
50. JGuinan007 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:33 1 0
You mean what your feeble mind considers the best phone for you taco50
53. GoodFella posted on 07 Nov 2011, 21:47 0 0
Hey, Taco has a point. If someone comes on this post (HTC Phone with a Quadcore) and says it will beat the iPhone 5 (when clearly it has nothing to do with the iPhone or Apple at all), then that someone obviously puts the iPhone on a pedestal and thinks it IS a great phone.
Think about it for a second or two...