HTC EVO Shift 4G getting update to fix MMS/SMS problem

0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2011, 23:34 posted on

The HTC EVO Shift 4G (there's a name we haven't heard much about lately), will be getting an update from Sprint next Monday, August 8th, to fix a problem that the phone has had with MMS/SMS messages not being sent every now and then...

posted on 04 Aug 2011, 11:47

1. Nick (unregistered)

Update is available now. I just manually did the update. Im assuming the fix is there. Time will tell.

posted on 09 Aug 2011, 17:43

2. nikole (unregistered)

it did not fix mine still can not text certain people

posted on 17 Aug 2011, 12:50

3. jeniiiiy (unregistered)

Never had ANY problem with this phone until the update, freezes, won't let me text the last person that texted me, freaks out and goes to apps I didn't hit on., terrible.

posted on 17 Aug 2011, 17:24

4. charles.ross (unregistered)

I have searced everywhere for help with my HTC EVO 4G from Sprint. Its not the shift its the first version that came out last year. The phone power cycles on its own and I have tried numerous troubleshooting methods to clear it up. No one can seem to help me...even the techs at Sprint support. I was out of the country when this happened. After this issue, I'm having a hard time accepting my smartphone as reliable.

posted on 26 Aug 2011, 18:07

5. chuc16 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)

The update probably didnt install correctly, u may have to factory reset that thing

posted on 27 Aug 2011, 13:56

6. zelthie (unregistered)

I agree with what someone said above; my phone didn't mess up until AFTER the update. Now it freezes all the time, texts mess up, apps and even the HTC sense have to constantly be "forced closed", my phone restarts sometimes, and the battery drains a lot faster. This is REALLY irritating.

posted on 01 Sep 2011, 02:23

7. evo shift :) (unregistered)

How do u take off the stupid auto correct while using the keyboard. It is rather annoying.

posted on 12 Oct 2011, 20:29

8. chrswgnrwv (unregistered)

I have an evo shift and have the same problems that most of you are having, when I call Sprint they say that no one is reporting problems with these phones and everything is going wonderful with them, I then reply with , "uhmmmm, yeah, so if you would like to come back to reality so we can fix this", but each time they want to do factory resets to where everything is wiped out and I have to redo everything on the phone, now if they manage to fix it after the reset and I go a week or two or even maybe three which is usually what happens, then have the same issues pop up, after I worked so hard to get my phone back to where it was, they want to do a facotry reset again, I have gotten to the point where I am refusing factory resets, but yet Sprint doesnt want to fix it, do yourselves a favor, go to another carrier!

posted on 15 Oct 2011, 22:43

9. Melissawilson13 (unregistered)

where can you find this update!?