HTC EVO 4G to get Gingerbread update on June 3rd?
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2011, 20:06 posted on
Starting June 3rd, you will be able to manually update the HTC EVO 4G with the Android 2.3 Gingerbread build; 3 days later, if you haven't installed the new version of the OS, the phone will ask you if you want to Android 2.3 installed on your EVO 4G, and a 'Yes" answer will set the update in motion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Oooo! so close to beating Motorola this year HTC.
8. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
They just gotta get it to droid incredible
2. SPRINT EMPLOYEE (unregistered)
I can verify that this is indeed LEGIT! It is the new edition of the Playbook (the training manual and pricing) for Sprint employees. It comes out Thursday morning!
Can't wait til Friday!
4. Alva (unregistered)
And how long ago did Google release Gingerbread to manufacturers? I wish releasing updates by manufacturers was more of a priority. I'm pretty certain my HTC EVO will not see Ice Cream Sandwich...
5. skymitch89 (Posts: 1166; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
"First" isn't first this time. Just hope that the Evo Shift gets it's update fairly soon.
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Now I want to see Gingerbread on my ThunderBolt
7. joey78 (unregistered)
Will Sense be updated to 2.1 or 3.0?
12. Mike (unregistered)
2.3.3 on the evo 4g breaks screen brightness controls and netflix. I wish I had known this first.
13. Friend of a Friend (unregistered)
Friend warned me not to upgrade as he lost inet speed thru WiFi and dwnload speed dropped from 14 to 8mb/s. I will wait until the bug fixes,
14. Friend of A friends friend (unregistered)
When will Evo Shift get Upgrade? Hopefully soon