HTC EVO 4G makes its way to the floor with supersonic speed
Unlike the HD2, the HTC EVO 4G will be running Android 2.1 with the manufacturer's acknowledged Sense UI. This being the first Android 4G smartphone, it means that developers will now be able to write some quite data-intensive apps for this smartphone (and hopefully the others that will follow). For the purpose, Sprint has also announced a 4G developer guide that will explain the ins and outs of utilizing 4G hardware and software, the front facing cam and the HTC EVO 4G's HDMI output.
HTC EVO 4G Specifications | Hands-on at CTIA
1. saneok (Posts: 77; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
damn, next to this phone "The Incredible" doesn't look so incredible anymore.
7. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Sa... sa... sa... SUPERSONIC!! Sa... sa... sa... SOLD!!! "Quietly Brilliant" my ass.. that announcment sounded like a SONIC BOOM!.. instantly blowing away any smartphone on the market. This is truly a Superphone... no wonder Apple suing.
19. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Wait a minute wasn't you going HD2, and TMobile? ROFL......I agree with you here....who'd want an incredible or any other phone. Too bad no key board, but TP3, and Win7 is the next HTC Sprint Sonic Boom.
21. oddmanout (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 May 2009)
haha i gotta agree with both of you... this kills any existence of what we know of a cell phone as of this day. I will most definitely be first in line. And sprint has the everything data plan... ohh boyyy. I think sprint is actually making a move for at&ts place.
38. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
DAM THATS DA FIRST PHONE IN AMERICA WITH A FRONT FACING CAMERA FOR VIDEO CALLING!!!!! YAY ITS ABOUT TIME WE GOT VIDEO CALLING IN DA STATES!! IM SO EXCITED THIS IS GOING TO BE MY NEXT PHONE!!!!!
40. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
I am getting the HD2 tommorow.. and this later this summer. Who says I cant own two 4.3" phones? : )
43. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Show off....but I must say that's why I am thinking getting aTP2 with the 6.53 update until this arrives, but then I'd want A Win7 TP3 this Xmas!
46. ajac09 (Posts: 1358; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
tp3 is smaller then the tp2 and has win mobile 6.5
51. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Its been my plan all along... chk my previous posts. WP7S will have to go 1 generation before Ill get into it.. kind of like the 1st yr of a new production car. Dont want to beta test. btw... this is the song Ive had stuck in my head all day... Sprint needs to license this for commercials and change that Evo name back to SUPERSONIC! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
53. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Dude thats the Tera...Not the TP3. Where did you get this misinformation. The Tera was mis appropiated the TP3 in error.
56. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
You did mention that you wanted an HD2, and Sprint does needs to market this like Apple did the I phone; from now until the summer. They have the momentum with this buzz all over wall street, and the news Media. It would be a shame not to follow through, and let the public know about it through mass media blitzing like Apple did.
58. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
I meant.. my plan was to get HD2 AND SUPERSONIC. Theres no way for Sprint to fumble this one... even if the do ZERO advertising.. the phone is THAT HOT. I just hope they get the WiMax on in NYC before this comes on so everyone can get in on some of that video conferencing love. Also... Jobs and his team must be scrambling right now to get a front facing camera on their next Iphone... to bad its on pos ATT.
61. herbiederb (Posts: 275; Member since: 28 Jan 2010)
Looks like their not sitting on their hands with this one... heres their first ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
64. macron2000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 07 Sep 2009)
Nokia E71, E72, N95, N95 8GB, N96, etc,. Where have you been?
70. mattkl (Posts: 171; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
Ya I just ordered my HD2!!! This phone looks pretty amazing as well. Just sucks that once I get my HD2 and you guys get your 4G it will be outdated and we'll want the next shiny device, and I'll buy it!!!!!!
90. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Looks like HTC is finally using micro-USB? Awesome!
2. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
this thing is amazing!!! stupid iphone contract isnt up until december... any speculation on the cost of this thing? I'm guessing $4-500 with a contract...plus 4G contract will be expensive too
18. jbroots3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
sprint bought back my friends iphone 3gs for like $230, so it wont even matter, it'll pay for your cancellation!
37. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
I was hoping to sell my iphone and use it to pay for the phone, not the cancellation... i can wait until december...
3. rtimi26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
It does look nice but put next to the Samsung Galaxy S, the screen will be trumped. I can't wait for a comparison review.
31. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
the galaxy s has an amoled screen while the evo has a lcd screen. so yeah
5. jbroots3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
AND THEYVE ADDED MIAMI TO THE LIST OF 4G CITIES FOR THE END OF THIS YEAR!! SPRINT HAS A ONE WAY TICKET TO THE TOP WITH THIS DOUBLE WHAMMI! WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIII!!! Sprint 4G Expands Coast-to-Coast from Los Angeles to Miami Today SPRINT announced plans to launch Sprint 4G in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Miami, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and St. Louis. This is in addition Boston, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Minneapolis, New York City, San Francisco and Washington D.C. already slated for 2010.
24. oddmanout (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 May 2009)
Did you say Pittsburgh?? Yeahh buddy. This phone was destined to be in my pocket.
9. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
nice phone but that and being the 1st to have 4g won't turn there churn rate around.
28. oddmanout (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 May 2009)
haha stop hating and face the facts. This will be the best phone on the US market with the fastest network... at least this year.
10. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT! Please Verizon, get something like this phone. My dream phone wish list is completed on this phone 1) 4.3 " screen 2) Android 2.1 3) 8 MP camera 4) 2nd Front camera!??!?! SWEET 5) Sense UI 6) Snap Dragon Processor 7) HDMI output 8) 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM OMG, this is THE phone i've been waiting for. now just send one to verizon asap
15. jbroots3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
or just switch carriers and pay less each month *thumbs up*
54. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
yea i'll pass on the sprint network, thanks anyways
62. jbroots3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Jan 2010)
for the record, i live in south florida and ive seen the coverage maps recently for a ton of the major/mid-major u.s. cities and theyve been adding more of their non-4g towers here in the last month or so, and it has been under the radar quite a bit. it hasn't been a terrible network to begin with... where signal is available obviously.
73. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who cares about 4g? this phone is like the "dream list" of android phones. I hope they pop this baby on multiple carriers (come ooon Tmo!) cuz im not switchin carriers unless i quit or get fired.. LOL
81. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
You'll soon come to grips with the fact that no toher carriers will have 4G anytime soon nad the wait for devices will be well after this one
11. bossmann20 (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
I am definetly getting one!!! Bump the Pre I have!
13. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
What will they charge us for 4G service is the question, not to mention how much for the phone! Anyone wanting a phone outside of a need for a physical keyboard this is the best phone bar none.
76. euphoriccarnage (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Mar 2010)
currently there is no difference in cost for the 3g/4g plans in comparison to the straight 3g plan. this is not expected to change when the 4g handsets launch.
14. xmguy1 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
OH GOD! *DROOLS*!!! I want it on VZW. But the cost plus VZW 4G isn't even up yet.
16. jamess661 (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)
Front facing camera on a sprint device man things are changing. Hope this plan prices dont kill me but what a device just sexy sleek black any one knows the speeds we should be getting.
84. thunder18 (Posts: 111; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
Whatever the plan price, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than AT&T and Verizon smartphone plans.
34. phone333 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
8MP in the back and 1.3MP in the front.... BOOYA !
20. Mali Mal (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Hello VZW and IPhone fanboys. U may drool all over this phone now thanks!! This has to be the best phone of all time!!
22. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 975; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I must say tht this is a phone id pay for. im not into an all-touchscreen phone, but its a nice phone to have. i have sprint and im eligible for an upgrade in may so i can hold out till this phone is available. this phone is as close to the i-phone as sprint is gonna get
32. oddmanout (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 May 2009)
are you really comparing this to the iphone? as if the iphone is better? LMAO! This phone is on a whole nother level then the iphone.
57. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 975; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
as an AT&T employee, im not biased to say tht the i-phone is the best phone ever. it did change the way we view phones, but this phone is very nice and i give sprint its props for having phones that are worth paying for. the only thing tht makes the i-phone vulnerable is the AT&T network which could supernova at any time lol. my woman has the i-phone and im gonna get this phone and say that mine is better than hers by a long shot lol
85. thunder18 (Posts: 111; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
+1 for that! I wish I could be there when you go to work that day at AT&T and bust out your Evo.
26. InstinctDemon (Posts: 74; Member since: 09 Nov 2009)
**rubs eyes** **blink, blink** **rubs eyes** **catches breath** **musters strength to speak** WOW!! 8 megapixel camera AND HD Video output? DAMN! **rubs eyes again**
33. AZNphoneGeek (Posts: 200; Member since: 15 May 2009)
my friend has an iPhone and theres an ap that pumps out little EVO babies and they poop and pee hundred dollar bills. their middle fingers are little ATT cell antennas so you have perfect reception all the time. and after you open up the app, your iPhone sprouts wings and washes your car. PPPPPPPPTTTTBBTH. hey sprint....THIS EVO PHONE IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. not an iPhone killer, a cellphone crusher. nice job HTC. this thing is great!
36. underwood2012 (Posts: 49; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)
Wow. I'm getting this. And guess who's contract is up? :D
39. Dddroid (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
Seriously guys, am i the only one crying?? I WANT THISSSSSSSSS PHONEEEEEEEEEE