HTC EVO 4G LTE to get updated with Android 4.3 and Sense 5 before year end
0. phoneArena 06 Oct 2013, 14:41 posted on
Perhaps HTC believes that by opening up communications with the average Joe (or Josephine), business will pick up; all we have to say is that HTC Americas president Jason McKenzie must have channeled Ringo Starr and has "blisters on his fingers" after quite a number of tweets sent out over the last week, keeping us abreast of what the thinking is from the Taiwan based manufacturer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amats69 (Posts: 981; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but the one x only at 4.2.2?its unfair to one x user..
3. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 735; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Not really, good news for One X users infact as that is a variant of the One XL (which is a variant of the One X(variantception)) for CDMA networks.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2296; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Unless he meant the ACTUAL One X which, to my knowledge, hasn't been updated yet.
9. ngo2dd (Posts: 780; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The one X is not 4.2 and sense 5, the international one anyway.
15. b1acktiger (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 May 2012)
One X/X+ got 4.2.2 with Sense 5 almost a month back.
2. dorianb (Posts: 347; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Like that phantom tweet that said the DNA was getting Sense 5 & 4.2.x by the end of Sept that disappeared. Disappeared like my trust in HTC.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3883; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
HTC clarified on September 23 that the DNA would get Sense 5 with Android 4.2.2 by the end of the year. They probably had troubles with Verizon. Do some more research before making bold statements.
4. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
"This creates quite a stir because the Sprint branded model is still running Android 4.0.3 and Sense 4."
What? The HTC Evo 4g lte is on 4.1
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 779; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Great support by HTC, hope the One X and One X+ users get this to.
8. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
believe it when it happens, had a photon before evo so a bit skeptical
10. lsutigers (Posts: 700; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
I think this has a lot to do with Sprint working with HTC to keep the phone updated, which is awesome. As you can see, the Verizon DNA, which came out after the EVO LTE will not be getting 4.3.
The Photon didn't get upgraded due to Google acquiring Motorola and dropping support for legacy Moto devices. The Photon along with the Atrix and a few older Droid models got shafted and many many people were upset.
13. mattmasi303 (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Lol I wouldn't get to happy , they said the same thing about the DNA and its not getting 4.3, but 4.2... What makes you think a old phone like the EVO LTE will get it ? Please ,
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3883; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because of the carrier difference. Verizon is the dictator of updates, but Sprint is more lenient and typically gets their updates out quickly without much hassle. Maybe Verizon didn't approve of the 4.3 update for the DNA, and only allowed the 4.2 update; the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon doesn't have 4.3 yet either, so it's a definite possibility that Verizon has something wrong with Android 4.3.
16. charlielamar (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
According to two separate sprint reps yesterday in two departments, the android 4.3 update will start rolling out December 15 and will also be available for download from htc website
18. charlielamar (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
Yeah, I learned well was reminded once again not to trust info from the carriers. Verizon informed me the elipsis 7 is supposed to get 4.3 today and the galaxy camera tomorrow...I'm not holding my breath on either