HTC EVO 4G LTE might receive Android 4.1 update today
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 01:33 posted on
HTC EVO 4G LTE owners, listen up because today might be the big day. According to a spy shot of a document, supposedly coming from Sprint's internal network, your smartphone is going to get its dose of Jelly Bean today. The Android 4.1 update will be available on December 13, according to the document, with a network push scheduled to begin the week of January 3, 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 2348; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
This has apparently been confirmed by Sprint's product page for the Evo:
t/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodI d=dvc6370014prd&deviceSKUId=63 700579&ensembleId=APX325CKT&fl ow=AAL&firstSelection=PHONES&i d16=evo%204g%20lte&question_bo x=evo%204g%20lte
I've been clicking the update button for a couple hours to no success, so it hasn't started quite yet.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Am I the only one who think that Sprint done tha good job for updating android device compare to other?
4. Commentator (Posts: 2348; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
They're good sometimes, not so good other times. In this instance they're pretty fast, it was only a couple weeks ago that HTC started updating the global One X. However, it took Sprint a month longer than AT&T to update the Evo to 4.0.4 / Sense 4.1.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7756; Member since: 14 May 2012)
T-Mobile has been doing great so far also. I would prefer I'd the update reprocess were to be a little faster but we all know that's never going to happen.
22. lsutigers (Posts: 712; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Sprint is really working hard at timely updates, they recognized its important to their customers. They were first to update the Galaxy SIII and now the EVO. In the past they have also been the better of the big 4, not great by any means but that is life with Android.
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
good news....now im waiting on the droid incredible 4g lte to be updated
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yeah wait 3 more months for that :D
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea wendy thanks.....im glad you are ALWAYS right.....smh
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Hey I'm just kidding, no intention to throw wet blanket tho
10. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
dont hold your breath, this is verizon we're talking about
11. frontlyna (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
First off, you dont know what youre talking about, this is SPRINT. OH.. AND BY THE WAY, THE UPDATE IS LIVE!!!!! WE GOT JELLYBEAN!!!
12. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
Like the Galaxy SII? If i'm not mistaken it go JB last week, Sprint got it in october followed by Tmobile and AT&T
13. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yes!!!!! I got my update about 2MINS AGO!!! Jelly bean... Here I come!!
14. GlennLosenara (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
My HTC EVO 4G LTE is right now downloading the software update Android 4.1 as I write this comment.
17. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I want to unroot my phone so I can do this. Can anyone help out? I have team win recovery on it.
18. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'm just waiting on the devs it should be up tonight or tomorrow since they already have the the update on xda
19. Xavier1415 (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
The update is now live I'm downloading it now
23. chrisjoel21190 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Idk if its just my phone or if its some kind of bug, but my beats headphones worked before i updated my phone this morning, now they dont work with the phone, I tried them on another phone and it worked just fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
24. B00M_SHAKALAKA (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This update is good but I have the common problem with my wifi not connecting to my home network...anyone else having this problem? Any fix?
25. mrozek1500 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Had the same issue. I had to do a hard reset on my phone and it started working again