HTC EVO 4G LTE does not support Google Wallet?
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2012, 08:19 posted on
With Sprint said to be working on its own mobile payment system called 'Touch', over at Xda, users of the HTC EVO 4G LTE were said to have to trick Google Wallet into believing that the device was a Samsung GALAXY Nexus to make it work...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cybervlad81 (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
This is just dumb... how is this not anti-competitive? Make one that works better and quit blocking stuff.
2. leefer77 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
I've used GW on my HTC EVO 4G LTE to buy food from McDonald's and Burger King and also have bought stuff at a convenience store. Out of the six times or so that I have tried to use it, it has worked about 50 % of the time. When it doesn't work there is no message. It just doesn't do anything.
3. leefer77 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Ok. I just checked and I see that it is shut down on my phone as well.
4. lsutigers (Posts: 816; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Crap, as leefer said, some people got to use it just fine, other had some issues. I think Sprint sees all these issues with Google Wallet and decided to take matters into their own hands. I just want the darn thing to work.
5. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 63; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
With rumors that Google may offer incentives for this app, it makes sense for Sprint to get on the Verizon/AT&T side of that table.