HTC Droid Incredible 4G appears on Verizon's internal system
The HTC Droid Incredible 4G is expected to launch with Android 4.0 aboard and be driven by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor. 1GB of RAM is said to be aboard along with an 8MP rear camera. The handset will be equipped with an AMOLED (Super, perhaps?) screen and Sense 4.0 will run on top of Ice Cream Sandwich.
No pricing or availability date was listed for what is essentially a 4G LTE version of the HTC One S.
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is going to replace my sister's Incredible 2 when it comes out.
2. jbishop8135 (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Can't wait! Hope it comes in a different color then White. Love my Incredible 2, will get this one to replace it.
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
If it's not the Verizon G-Note, I'm keeping my RAZR™…
G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note, G-Note …
4. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
This is going to be another device that'll fade into obscurity just like the other Android phones on Verizon.
9. 14545 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Exacly what was the point of this comment? This seems like a iFanboy comment, please leave.
16. bruindog (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
He's mad iOS got beat in both Samsung's G-Note Challenge and the Windows challenge LOL
17. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Yeah, Android is so outclassed by Apple products this sheephead takes time out of his day to read an android article and respond. Sounds more like he's jealous that he has such limited options for his axe of choice. Go lie down buddy you look a lil green.
25. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Boohoo, cry me a river for giving you the details on what will inevitably happen. It's silly that you all try and pretend that it won't fade into obscurity.
5. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I don't see anything wrong with this phone except maybe it's kind of late to the party. Decent specs, probably a step up from the HTC Rezound and a possible competitor to the Galaxy Nexus.
Hope the price is competitive as well.
8. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
it actually seems that its about equal.
the rezound has a 1.5ghz processor... this has a 1.2
i imagine that it is only better in the camera, not much else.
A nonremovable back is another step back
If they include Beats headphones right out of the box, any price under 250 is worth it.
11. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
All good points. A $200 (2yr) price point seems fair.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4219; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It might be an S4 processor instead of the S3 in the Rezound, so thats a plus
28. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 494; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
is it non removable? that'd be terrible! i hate the way it seems a bunch of androids are going to non-removable batteries and no sd cards... i would like to be able to keep my android:PC as apple:xbox explanation... i hope the incredible series keeps to the way it's gone...
7. 14545 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Depending on what size battery and camera it has, I'll be getting it. Especially with all the glitches the rezound seems to have. Same with the Nexus. So I guess, hopefully if this one is better made than the last few phone VZW has released, I'll be getting it.
10. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That pic. It looks long and narrow. I am guessing. 4'7 inches. Doesn't make a lot of sense to debut this while the rezound is similar.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm pretty sure it's going to be the same 4.0"
13. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
"pricing or availability date was listed for what is essentially a 4G LTE version of the HTC One S."
If it's the LTE version of the One S it's 4.3"
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i doubt it. Verizon already has the Rezound and the compact size of the Incredible 2 was a big selling point for them. i think they'll continue to dedicate the Incredible series to the same market that made the second so successful. i'm sure it'll probably be similar to the One S but not a spitting image.
22. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
The first Incredible was a flagship device, so I can see this.
Also, since only the Tegra 3 (not an S4) has been clocked at 1.2Ghz, that might make sense. Of course, there is the question of the number of cores...
But it seems too fast. I guess I expected the XL and S to hit Verizon at the same time. Also, I am unsure if the Tegra 3 version would work with LTE. It didn't with AT&T...
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it definitely won't have a Tegra III due to it's lack of LTE support and this definitely won't be a flagship device as that isn't the Droid way. the Fighter will probably be the new Flagship if it's that Moto that leaked a week or so back.
20. Sprissy (Posts: 133; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Sounds like a good phone but I will keep my Rezound....which has worked flawlessly for me so far...
21. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I was not aware they were rolling out an S4 at 1.2Ghz until Q3, with an Adreno 305 (MSM8230). The One S has the 8260A, which goes down to 1.5Ghz, and is the clockspeed all current One S announcements have featured.
So have you guys gotten some other infoz that creates a new chip from Qualcomm this year all of a sudden?
Otherwise, this seems unlikely to be an S4, and maybe not even a Snapdragon (although that would be a departure for the Incredible series)?
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i can about guarantee you that it won't have a 305 BUT it may have an S4 with the 225 like the One S and XL. if it's HTC i can about promise you it's going to be running Qualcomm especially since Nvidia is out of the question due to it's lack of LTE support.
26. veevans01 (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
The article states sense 4.0 for the phone. Would that be accurate or would it be sense 3.6?
27. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It would be 4.0 cuz its with android 4.0. Don't know why...... but thats how it was for the other ones. I hope there is a big change for the good
29. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
This HAS NOTHING to the GALAXY NEXUS but for those with the original Incredible great update..
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4219; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's a great update for anyone on verizon right now. Probably the new S4 chip, which is gonna be arguably the best processor until all the quad cores are released, good looking design, up to date software, 1 gig of ram, seemingly good screen, and decent camera. If you have the Razr or Maxx I wouldnt worry too much about it though
31. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I guess all that talk about the Droid Fighter coming tomorrow was purely BS. Really nice folks.
32. Markizzle21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
No matter what the incredible 4G is going to be awesome because unlike the rezound itll be running on android 4.0 as opposed to the 2.3. I agree that the sd card should stay because that is one of the few differences that it has from the iphone. More than likely itll be 4.7 and more like the one x rather than the one s.