HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE hands-on
0. phoneArena 07 May 2012, 20:46 posted on
This time around, as it's name blatantly implies, the handset is packing support for Big Red’s speedy data connection, though, from an initial look, the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE is merely nothing more than a mini HTC Rezound. Specifically, it employs the same characteristic design as the Rezound...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
listen, not everyone wants a 4.5-5 inch screen! there are people that dont want to be bombarded with their phone! a nice mid to high end offering here and if the price is right, this should do well!
i'd like to see more of this, high end phones with smaller screen sizes and high rez's for those screens
8. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I got a 13inch T.V. and it has knobs too!
27. shnibz (Posts: 162; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I agree aztaxia12295 i have a Galaxy Nexus but am using a Droid Bionic i just got simply because although its not as badass as the Nexus it is still very nice and fast and much easier to live with because its not so huge
31. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I agree. While I think the size of my Nexus is pretty perfect for me... it's too big for my girlfriend.
She almost always has to use two hands and I had to buy her a case because she kept dropping it... If there had been a 4" phone when we got our phones I think it would've been better for her.
37. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
I also do not want a huge phone like most of Verizon's LTE lineup. I am currently eligible for upgrade and really need a phone, but they're all too big. I like everything about the RAZR MAXX, but with the large screen and bezel it makes such a wide, large, phone.
4" screen size is not a con, it's an advantage!
2. Birds (Posts: 1056; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Cool but Verizon goes stupid with the pricing...I mean to the most extreme!!!
7. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Let's hope Verizon has the sense to launch this at 100 USD on contract. This is a great phone, but it's no flagship.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD the only thing the Rezound has over this is the larger 720p display, everything else goes to this and i actually like the design on this. i swear all the best looking devices are on Verizon.
4. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
A lot have people have been waiting for a high end phone with a relatively small size. This should fill that void nicely. S4 is a beast.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4745; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
All the best looking devices are on Verizon? Such as?
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Razr is Moto's most attractive, the Spectrum is LG's most attractive, the Galaxy Nexus is Samsung's most attractive and Verizon also has Motorola's and Samsung's most attractive tablets in the form of the Xyboards and the 7.7 and now they have HTC's most attractive if only in the looks department.
12. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm assuming you mean "attractive" by looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i guess, because I'd say both the One S and One X are much better looking phones. I'd equate this to the Evo 4G LTE in looks.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yes, i do mean by visual appeal. i think this looks better than the Ones but not by much.
15. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's fair, but I am a bit concerned as to how much the screen seems to be washing out at even the slightest angle. Not that people look at their phone from the side anyways, but it's a shame that this is a regular S-LCD, not an S-LCD 2.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
at this size the SAA display would've suited it better because they could've made it thinner with the AMOLED panel much like the One S and the pixel density is really fine at 275dpi especially considering that the alternative would've meant having this baby pushing pixels to a brighter 720p display with a 1700mAh battery.
22. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I guess I don't understand why they didn't just use a modified One S... I thought HTC was trying to cut back on the amount of different phones they put out there. The Evo is just a modded One X, after all.
If they used the One S as the Incredible's basis they could've thrown the same SAA screen on there, and increased the size by .3 inches. I guess Verizon probably had a lot of say in the matter though, and if they wanted it like this, they probably had their reasons.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i'm like you on this. it seemed ideal for HTC to revive their previous best sellers with their new Flagship series but i guess it was just Verizon that wanted the 4.0" to stay because everything else about it is One S-Esque.
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i dont think the nexus is the most attractive samsung phone… the SII looks nicer-- the back of the nexus is just ugly… LG has practically no attractive phones, but the prada 3.0 is much better looking than the spectrum… the razr i agree is the best looking moto, but the xyboard have never been anywhere but verizon so its not really up for competition…
verizon leaves desired obvious good looking devices such as the lumia 900 and the one x (which i think looks the best out of any android phone)
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Nexus with it's curved glass and buttonless face doesn't look better than the GSII? insanity. the back looks fine i think. the Prada 3.0 has no carrier availability so it doesn't count and in a comparison there is always a most attractive option and in LG's line-up of carrier available phones it's definitely the Spectrum. that's the point. it's the most attractive Moto Tablet...and it's on Verizon. if it were anywhere else mentioning it would've been irrelevant to my point. Verizon may yet receive a Nokia device and i wasn't real impressed with the One X. it looks okay but that's it. i even saw one yesterday and it didn't feel nearly as good as i thought it would.
30. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4745; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You need to raise your standards some if you think those phones look attractive. Attractive doesn't mean good though.
32. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Maybe I like brunettes and you like blondes but that doesn't mean either of us have to "raise our standards".
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
to what exactly? xD
well it's a good thing they're good phones too then huh? :P
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
The Razr comes to mind! :)
Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4S and the Rezound are all good looking phones too, but there are a few I wished VZW would have snagged like the Note, SGSII, and the Evo when it was new.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i didn't count the 4S because it's Apple's only current phone and it's available on AT&T & Sprint as well. Verizon could do with the Note but i'm kind of curious to see how this 5.0" HTC will turn out. VZW didn't need a Crapdragon powered SII, the rest of the line-up would have trampled all over that thing and as for the EVO, i don't think people missed it THAT much with the original Incredible present and since there was no near availability of any kind of 4G on Verizon the Sprint version would've been better anyway.
24. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I just have to say, Most Beautiful Phone (looks) goes to the RAZR :p
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
definitely does. it's really sleek. o:
28. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
True, the Dinc did fill the slot for a high end HTC at the time, I just had a little screen envy with the 4.3 inch display. That 5.0 HTC SOUNDS like a good idea, but honestly HTC's designs are getting really old for me. My wife has had 3 HTC devices and I received the Dinc 2 as a replacement for my DX. So at this point I'm all Sensed out. I get nauseous when I see HTC phones now wether it's 3, 3.5, or 4.0. I know it's the most appealing UI to most Andrd users, but it's gotten really old looking to me.
36. JunitoNH (Posts: 1024; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Actually beg to differ, I think AT&Thieves, unfortunately have the best phones. SGS2, Nokia Lumia, GNote, HTC X, and Samsung Focus and on and on. Verizon, the only attractive phone is the iPhone. Moto's are ugly; Rezound a block of ice; GNx looks, well still trying to figure it out, either a child's toy or my grandfather's old shoe.
39. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard in my life.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3043; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Galaxy Note on Verizon with S4 processor please.
11. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That is by far the best choice of music I've ever heard for an electronics convention.
17. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
At least HTC put a removable battery in this one.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's not really supposed to stand out. it'll be at the Droid 4's level in the line-up. i have a sneaking suspicion that Moto may come out of the bag at CTIA with the Droid Razr MAXX HD and maybe even a similar Atrix 3.
23. joey18 (Posts: 561; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
My line is available for upgrade and i dont want the iphone so my problem the verizon phones now are ugly i'm still waiting for the sg3 or the htc one x
34. sunzhine337 (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
I realy don't see what the hype is all about. It's 0.3" thinner than the Rezound, 0.3" smaller display, 0.3Ghz slower in actual proccessing speed, and comes stocked with ICS which the Rezound will have this week anyway. I honestly think for $100 you should just snag the Rezound. It'll be a bit more of a powerhaus in the longrun anyway.
If you want the Rezound for $100, I work at a retailer that can make that happen Call us up. (920)499.2862.
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yes, all the NUMBERS are lower but what you need to know is that in many cases around here those mean the least in all. the 4th generation Snapdragon processor in the new Incredible slaps down the 3rd generation in the Rezound HARD even at a .3GHz difference and the Rezound will NOT be getting Sense 4 like what is on this. it's getting Sense 3.6 that has no major visual revamp which it really needed.
38. Lovekillsslowly (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Someone please help me decide,I've been to Verizon store several times looked at the smartphones,which i'm in the market for,I've had the versa for 3 years,never had one single problem with it,It just died on me...Im moving up in the world had the Razr mailed to me,sent it back to large for my hands...Looking into the new HTC coming soon...need experts advice...
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd say either get this here new Incredible or the Droid 4.
41. sunzhine337 (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
Droid 4 will probably be too big for your hands too.
In a semi-professional recommendation, I'd lay look at this new HTC or the LG Lucid.
43. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
dude, the Droid 4 is no more wider than this.
44. 1alcawas24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 May 2012)
how can i get this HTc droid 4g i living here in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. and usable this phone here in U.A.E. or Philippines?...pls kindly reply for this and give the prices of this HTC Droid 4g...thanks I'm Aldrin.
45. Lovekillsslowly (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Thanks!!!I guess HTC will work,When will it be coming to the stores???
46. Lovekillsslowly (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 May 2012)
@Sunzhine337,Im waiting...For the new HTC to come out,I think that will more than likely be the One!
47. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Lets hear it for the HTC Droid Afterthought.