HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE breaks cover on DroidDoes website
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2012, 09:43 posted on
The HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE is the newest addition to the Droid family, just having popped up on the DroidDoes website and thus making its official entry…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
he's saying the price doesnt make sense.
it really doesnt. the device doesnt make sense. i guess it fills a need for anyone that feels the rezound is just too big, but this really isnt that different.
14. 14545 (Posts: 1145; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Exactly, I don't know why anyone would buy this over the rezound. I thought about waiting until it came out because I thought it would have nfc. But since it doesn't have nfc its just a lower specced, more expensive phone than the rezound. The only difference being the S4 snap dragon. Why bother htc/verizon? And HTC wonders why they are bleeding red ink. Your customers comment on these articles, how about reading and listening to us?!
22. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Just because NFC isn't listed doesn't mean it's not there. Also, I'd take this over the Rezound based on the S4 alone (although I'd rather not have either). You're right, though, they'll have to drop the price. Even the One X and Evo 4G LTE are going for a mere $200. This seems like a One S that compromised processor speed and screen-size for LTE.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
what does screen size have to do with LTE? xD
24. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm just saying that the Incredible and One S are comparable, but have their own advantages: the Incredible has LTE, but the One S has a bigger screen and faster processor.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh the way i read it made it sound like the Incredible gave up on those things for LTE. maaa baaaaaaaad! xD
7. fleanote (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Jan 2011)
Guarantee this drops to $199 inside of 30 days
4. rmac (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Jan 2010)
I waited months for them to announce this phone, only to find out that its SLCD. You're telling me beats audio cost $100? You can get the exact same specs in a better package for cheaper with the Razr. Come on, HTC, you can't skimp on the display.
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They aren't the exact same. This has a much better performing processor than the Razr, supposedly better camera, a slightly smaller screen with higher pixel density, different build quality, Super Amoled Advanced display on the Razr against S-LCD, and different user interface. So, aside from the camera and processor, it comes down to what you want. A bigger screen, or sharper text? Moto's UI or Sense? SAA or S-LCD? It might be a better package to you, but personally I would choose this over the Razr due to the better processor, and I like Sense. Though I do like a bigger screen, I can adjust.
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this hasn't been confirmed to use the S4 yet and the Razr has/will have a nearly entirely stock build of ICS.
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
We can only hope for S4... And yes, I know, but I still like Sense better
9. treasurybill (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Loved the first Incredible but held off on #2 because of the lack of LTE. As someone who is fed up with screen-size inflation, I was really looking forward to this version, but specs are surprisingly mediocre for this price level. I also suspect LTE's battery appetite will not be solved until the next generation of processors are unveiled and am not seeing any indication that the Incredible 4G is breaking new ground in this regard.
12. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it really makes you wonder what the manufacturers are thinking.
36. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I suspect the Incredible 4G will have better battery life than most other LTE devices due to its' smaller screen and new processor, but you are right still, battery will probably still be an issue, just less so.
42. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the smaller screen is of no consequence if it's using the same, high resolution. xD
61. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It does make a difference because a smaller screen means less to light up.
62. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD i meant a difference that mattered.
10. rmac (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Jan 2010)
It's basically a dumb-downed version of the Rezound for $100 more .
28. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Its better.... just not that much better.
Let's just hope that "1.2Ghz" processor is the S4.
If not, I would agree, better options for the start price.
This is probably going to go to the people that just love that 4" screen size. The camera will be an upgrade, but not much better than previous models.
11. alekso9 (Posts: 40; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
The Incredible line needs something new. This just looks boring
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if you want something new then get something new. the Original & Incredible lines are for people that are happy with their styles.
26. alekso9 (Posts: 40; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I dont have a Incredible. So i dont need something new. Im just saying that since the droid incredible came out, nothing has really changed. Except the Screen and the processer. Isnt it time for a small make over? Just my opinion.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it has gotten small makeovers. everything that's needed to change changed.
49. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I think as far as design goes its fine, i had the OG incredible and it was an excellent device at the time, but i do agree with everyone on the fact that the price is outrageous.
50. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i doubt it's the price. when you clicked "buy it now" it directed you to the Razr Maxx page. it was probably just a place holder.
13. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Verizon already took down the leak so there's a possibility of price confusion. I'm already seeing some other awkward pricing on my end as well. VZW has an ad stating $99 for a Motorola Razr 16GB yet the Mother's Day promo site says $199 and even weirder, the product page shows $149.99.
BUT if they stay true to the price I'm definitely going with a Galaxy Nexus if it drops to $200. i would rather enjoy a beautiful high-res Super AMOLED screen more than capabilities of this new S4 SoC Droid incredible may have in store.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's gone now so i think the price was just a place holder. i can't believe it doesn't have a SAA display though. o:
16. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Does anyone know if the processor is an S3 or an S4?
39. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Probably an S4 considering this will most likely be the Verizon variant of the One S. But who knows, they could ruin it at the last minute
17. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I hope its less than $ 200. Should be around $99-150
20. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
All of HTC's new phones are going for $200, whether it makes sense or not: the One X and Evo 4G LTE could easily fetch $250-$300, and the Droid Incredible 4G LTE should be going for $100-$150. Then there's the Titan II, which should only be going for $100. The only phone that makes sense is the One S, whose $200 price point actually makes some sense.
19. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Hey folks, I heard that Motorola is going to release a phony inspired by me called the Doid Who gives a F#%K!
21. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Will it take them ten months to release it after the official announcement, and will they immediately replace it with a better model one month later?
47. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Verizon is notorious for that. Look at what they did with the Razr. Supposed to be the greatest phone ever. a few months later, BAM! Razr Maxx. I am praying that they get the Note or a version of. That way, it's so distinctive that there's no way they can come out with another one that fast.
52. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Just for the record folks, you put a thumbs down on my comments, guess what? Say hello......to the bad guy, man.
54. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
what the hell are you talking about? you troll you get thumbs down. xD
55. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I get a thumbs down? You get a :::flipping you the bird:::
57. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lololol, you get a thumbs up for making me laugh. xD
56. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Troll? That's the best you can do? Seriously? What the f**k are you? 8? You little punk ass bitch. I bet you if you were in front of my face, you wouldn't be talkin' all that s**t. Real tough guy behind that computer huh? Go f**k yourself, slapnuts.
59. Commentator (Posts: 2469; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Ignoring you and Kurogiii's apparent feud, you bring up a valid point: Verizon's Android lineup (with the exception of the G-Nex) consists of a series of Verizon-specific models that all have glaring flaws. They released the Droid 3 and Droid 4 four months apart. They released the RAZR and RAZR Maxx two months apart. It took them ten months to release the Bionic and it was replaced by the RAZR after two months. None of these can be regarded as a flagship, as the original Droid and Droid X were. It seems like the Droid series is mid-range phones with high-end prices.
60. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
dude, when all of these phones came out they were as good or better than the competition so you have no point here other than providing SOME proof about Moto's mess with releases which everyone already knows. the Droid 3 and Droid 4 were released EIGHT months apart, not four.
29. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Verizon IS SHAMEFUL. This device is not 299.00 it should be 199.00 it's not on the level of the GALAXY NEXUS...
30. alekso9 (Posts: 40; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I agree. I should be 99$. But knowing verizon, its probably gonna go for like 250 or something.
31. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
No 720p screen? One X or SIII here I come.
34. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
720p would be insane on a 4 inch display.
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
My thoughts exactly. EVO 4G LTE, here I come :)
32. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i am in shock by the specs. complete and utter fail.
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Come on Verizon... $300? No. T-mobile is selling the exact same thing for $200,just with a bigger screen and no LTE... This is supposed to be HTC's mid-range. If Verizon got a version of the One X, i could bear it being $300, but not the mid-range.
38. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
This is hilarious and sad.
I would understand if this was maybe 100 on contract, as a very nice phone for bang for the buck, but 300 sets the bar high. As high as the Galaxy Nexus at launch.
That means EVO 4G LTE quality.
40. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think it should be $200-250. Because T-Mobile is basically selling this, just without LTE for $200.
43. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it was probably just a place holder because they took the phone down hours later.
45. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
These days the Droid Inc. line seems to be a mid-range phone with good specs and smaller size.
48. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
f**k this f**king phone. ANother piece of crap that some assclown will pay $300 for and get mid range s**t. And I'm sure there are idiots who will do that. They will probably say, OMG ICS, OMG it's a Droid. Sit on top of the world and then, their world will come crashing down as this phone becomes discontinued as fast as Metta World Peace's basketball career. If anyone here thinks this phone is anything to buzz about, they have their head shoved up their asses.
Oh yeah, mark my words, in about a few months, this phone will be another part of the new Droid family: The Motorola Droid Afterthought.