HTC Droid DNA screen compared with HTC One X, iPhone 5, 1080p Sharp Aquos Phone
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2012, 07:29 posted on
The HTC Droid DNA might be the first smartphone with a 1080p screen to arrive in the United States, but when it comes to the rest of the world, full HD displays are still a rarity…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
As much as I love the 1080p that they delivered, I still preferred iPhone 5 no matter what :)
7. SIGPRO (Posts: 1474; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Lol some people want to live in the past...........iphone 5 hahah. I give Apple 2 years max then the iphone is dead! Just a hype!
8. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
of course, a full HD resolution on a 4 inch screen is stupid.. oh wait, a 4 inch high end smartphone is stupid.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
I rather treated to be stupid, at least in PA site lol...
The phone is innocent, if you wanna bash, you can bash me instead dude
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Now you're treating iPhone like your brother!! lol!
12. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Of course until iPhone does 1080p, then it'll be the best thing ever.
19. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and everyone else will be on better displays then but isheep will say its better even when its not.
18. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
stick with what your used to.. worked well for Nazi germany.
31. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
this isnt an iphone 5 article go troll somewhere else!
32. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I must say this was the biggest bulls**t of the year,
I compared Iphone, Gs3 and droid dna in verizon store. compared HD images like 8 mp and colored wallpapers, every single image was super clear and looked much better on DNA as it was more detailed, Its high res images and 1080p videos which take advantage of this screen, text is sharper too but very small jagged edges do not bother me so i dont mind iphone's display for it, BUT FOR HIGH RES IMAGES AND 1080P VIDEOS DNA KILLS ANY PHONE IN MARKET, so i bought a DNA paying $50 more than iphone 5.. yeah... as it has
1. Most powerfull CPU GPU
2. Best display
3. Best camera with image sense chip continous 99 shouts in 0.2 secs per shot.
Rest in peace iphone 5, and sorry Gs3 need to get better specs, benchmarks and Super amoled + HDscreen, only amoled hd is now heavily grainy , I had a GS2 earlier, which had super amoled +, samsung needs it in HD to beat the competition
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, since DNA is the 1st in the 1080p segment, others following will be much better i suppose. Since they will tweak, adjust and shell out better displays.
But the One X is still really impressive.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
"When compared to the iPhone 5, the Droid DNA does not look that bright and lacks the careful color calibration Apple takes pride in."
Did you missed out this sentence? :)
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No, i chose to ignore it!
You love it, i ignore it! :P
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
At least you not ignore me :)
+1 for that, thank you lol
27. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, i can't ignore you...it's fun pulling you around man!! :D
6. Naviiin (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I really like the way the Droid DNA looks, so I'd probably get one of those. But nice to know that ppi isn't the only thing that matters. Kinda weird that it's used as THE selling point then.
15. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I think PPI doesn't matter anymore because of how indiscernible pixels are at that density. At 350 it was arguable but now at 440 it is virtually impossible to see the pixels even when holding the phone right up to your face. So what's next but to focus on color reproduction, brightness, thinness of the display etc. Exciting times.
23. redmd (Posts: 1271; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
what needs to be focused here should be software UX and battery life. Great screen should be a given.
13. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Wow... even after that iPhone 5 still has the best display?! Too bad it has an OS I am never willing to touch ever...
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Let's be serious, 1080p is very nice. I can see 9-10" table to have 1080p, but for a 5" phone just isn't worth it. After a while looking at my HTC One X, I don't really pay attention of the quality of the picture. I think battery life is the #1 issue we all have. Let's jack up the battery and lower the consumption of the power. Then everyone will be very happy :D But still need great performance as well.
17. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I knew that iPhone is yet to be beaten in terms of color accuracy (by far the best calibrated phone screen out there ), brightness (among high end phones ), and contrast (among LCD screens)
I just wish Lumia 920 was there.. to see Nokia s!eeps being shut up,
It didn't excel in any category in GSMarena' review