HTC Droid DNA for Verizon is announced
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:16
Here it is, guys! The moment we've been awaiting for the past few weeks has finally arrived. HTC and Verizon jointly announced the latest addition to the Droid family of red, shiny and mighty smartphones. Enter the Droid DNA by HTC. Are you excited to meet her as much as us? We bet you are, so without further ado, let's cut straight to the chase...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Johnnokia posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:22 7 17
I'm gonna buy Lumia 820.
Sorry HTC, I don't care now.
22. PhenomFaz posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 17 2
well nobody cares for what you're gonna buy dude
29. MistB posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:53 6 7
nokia = irrelevant has been POS company that should die already.
78. linneti15 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 20:16 0 0
Actually Nokia has one of the best Research and Development teams out of everyone, especially with the limited budget they have in comparison with Samsung and Apple. Its just their business strategies/marketing which is terrible compared to Samsung and Apple...
2. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:31 6 3
This is gonna be the Device than put HTC back on the map ,
Juicy 1080p screen , 1.5GHZ Snapdragon cpu with Adrenos 320 GPU , 2GB ram , Android Jelly Bean , nice and thin design , beats audio and all that for a price of $199 on contract . Thats one hell on a deal , Crapsung will fall and HTC will rise again !
If you are on Verizon and you want an Android phone you pick anything over this you are a complete idiot . If you are on Verizon and you pick the iphone 5 over this i bet $10 bucks that you still live in a cave
3. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:33 12 0
Storage and battery are the only things that can hold this device back.....
7. flyboy21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:36 6 0
Size: 143 x 71 x 9.1mm
5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1090 resolution, 440ppi and 80 degrees viewing angle
Corning Gorilla Glass 2
1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
2GB of RAM
16GB of storage
8-megapixel camera with LED flash, F 2.0 lens, 1080p video recording and dedicated image chip (advanced camera features included)
2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
4G LTE support
802.11a/b/g/n dual-band (5GHz, 2.4GHz) Wi-Fi
Mobile Hotspot support for up to 8 connections
Beats audio support
wireless charging support
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 4+ on top, upgradeable to Android 4.2
specs are from android authority
9. zerglisk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:37 5 0
NO microSD card slot!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's super LCD3, not IPS LCD.
13. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:41 2 0
It does say microSD support right below the 16GB storage on his specs list. If it does have microSD card support, I could care less about that battery!=P
20. flyboy21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 1 0
i don't know for sure this is just what i saw on android authority
52. SkOne posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:27 0 0
LCD 3 IS IPS
10. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:37 1 1
I am just hoping now it comes to south east asia by march/april
11. flyboy21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:38 3 0
htc all ways f.... up with something 2020mha battery
14. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:41 0 1
If it last above 8 hours , i dont give a sh*t .
Its nice and thin . Its a pretty ad fashionable device and thats cool
59. johnriii posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:05 2 0
exactly. those specs will eat that battery like a fat kids eats waffles. HTC STILL has no idea what the hell it's doing.
39. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:10 0 0
Either they are wrong or phonearena is wrong. Phonearena states it has no microSD card slot, while androidauthority says it has one......
41. redmd posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:14 2 0
there's no micro sd slot people. the HTC one x didn't have it in the first place.get over it already.
46. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:20 0 0
This site says there isn't one, androidauthority says there is in it's official specs list. You may be right, but atm it appears that particular issue isn't for sure yet.
54. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:29 0 0
On Verizon Wireless' website, it's official, no SD card slot........*facedesk*
60. b1acktiger posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:11 0 0
SCLD 3 is less power efficient than the displays we are using now. Thats what htc claims. Lets see
5. chrisbo5 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:36 1 0
battery should be on par with s3. common users don't care about storage. this is the king of phones.
12. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:39 2 1
Well, I'm not a common user, and I do care about storage. I have a full 32GB microSD card in my Rezound, to go with the 16GB internal storage, and I use the majority of the storage in both locations. I just don't think 16GB storage can do it for me, no matter how good the other things are....
17. chrisbo5 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:44 0 0
i have the rezound too, and i have 5 gigs used. i just use google music alot, but i definitly understand where your coming from. my gripe is that i thought it was a 2500 mah battery, not a 2020. im a little skeptical now
18. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:44 1 1
I think HTC will release a higher memory version of it soon . But for the PRICE , i think i will be okay with 16GB
23. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 1 0
According towww.androidauthority.com, it does support microSD cards, which means this is my next phone, 2020mah battery be damned!
80. zerglisk posted on 14 Nov 2012, 08:53 0 0
No it does not have a MicroSD card slot.
36. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:05 1 0
HIlarious. I get thumbed down just for how I use my phone??? Sweet jeebus get a life! I don't criticize others for how they use their phone, b/c it is their business! Take a hint.......
62. smartphonelover posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:13 0 0
Go to the official specs on verizon wireless. There's no MicroSD card slot.
64. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:50 0 0
At another point on this thread I posted exactly that.
61. laheelahee posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:13 1 0
excuse me, idiot coming through~
i'm on Verizon, and i'll be picking up the Note2
love the stylus, physical home button (except the logo), etc
(btw, my current phone is from HTC)
63. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 12:26 0 1
The physical home button on samsung devices are actually kinda slow compared with touch buttons or on screen ones
4. DerryAhmad posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:35 0 0
Specs lookin' good so far. Now lets see about the battery and the other features that will distinguish this phone from the other Android phones.
6. TA-21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:36 0 0
Is there any other colors ??? bcz i dont like to buy a red phone
28. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:52 1 2
Buy some aeresol sprays and spray it blue . LOL
38. TA-21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:08 0 0
Good idea but i would like to covered with peace of black plastic :-) lolz
8. zerglisk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:36 4 3
Epic fail with 16GB onboard storage ONLY without a microSD.
WHY HTC WHY!
15. SherlockHolmes posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:42 1 0
It has a MicroSd support thats what I read !!
43. redmd posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:17 0 0
in what paragraph of the post did you read that statement. we can only wish. in the end only Samsung and LG will support micro sd expansion.
79. zerglisk posted on 14 Nov 2012, 08:52 0 0
It's not supported. Check out official Verizon's website.
16. flyboy21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:42 2 0
and then some people are surprised why htc is losing more and more money HTC JUST PUT MICRO SD CARD ACCESSIBILITY AND BIGGER BATTERY AND YOUR GONE BE THE BOSS IN THE SMARTPHONE UNIVERSE
21. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 1 1
But the iPhone doesnt have those things yet people are still buying those iPoop
44. redmd posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:19 0 0
iPhone never support micro SD from the get go. and HTC ifs not Apple. this should be pretty clear by now.
19. i_hate_my_life (banned) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:44 2 1
NP Lumia 920 anytime =)
and why would u want to have a 1080p screen?
24. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:48 0 1
Why not? That resolution is beast! That is like asking why get the Shelby Cobra Mustang when the V6 has 305 hp in it. The 305 hp is nice, but the Cobra is BEAST!=)
25. SherlockHolmes posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:49 0 1
You Hate Your Life and Now I Hate Your Choice !!
40. TA-21 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:13 0 1
Now i wait for this, bcz of nexus poor battery life...
47. redmd posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:22 1 0
the nexus has 2100 vs 2050 mAh of DNA and the DNA have 1080p resolution so you should have an idea of the battery life. the have the same processor BTW.
27. taz89 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:52 1 0
No SD card slot and battery looks really small to power a 1080p 5” screen with lte...
37. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:07 0 0
Spec list shows microSD card support dude.
I stand corrected. www.androidauthority.com 's spec list is wrong, or phonearena is wrong. One lists a microSD card slot, one doesn't.....
45. taz89 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:20 0 0
Yep they the only listing SD card slot where else everywhere else it says no SD card slot which is a shame...more concerned about battery really ...for example the optimus g which has the exact same spec minus 1080p screen just gets through a day so I have a feeling that the DNA which not only has a larger 5" Screen but also has too push twice as many pixels will struggle...2020mah is really small...
49. androiddownsouth posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:26 0 0
I was holding out hope it would have support for a microSD car, but it appears that is wrong...... I can live with the battery and possibly the storage, but it is a major letdown.....
30. Jeradiah3 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:56 0 0
if this phone came out before the Note II then it could hold its own BUT I dont think that it can compete with the note II right now. this could be a gift or curse for HTC because of the issues theyve had with their phones over the last couple of years.
Im surprised that the DNA is a verizon exclusive......which it shouldnt be because of the lessons learned from the debacle that came with the AT&T-iPhone fiasco lol
32. takay0 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 10:59 2 0
2,020mAh?!? for 1080p? i hope the s-lcd3 is really baterry savin! i hope the review will be good! this is the only thing that really boders me... the battery
34. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:00 1 0
Almost good try htc.... Timely updates.....only nexus for me...... Google how about a nexus phablet or nexus note
42. Tsepz_GP posted on 13 Nov 2012, 11:16 0 0
THIS is the Htc many of us know and love! That is some SERIOUS hardware in this beast of a smartphone :o my S3 is absolutely humbled.
Two things though, whats with the small 2020mAh batt and paltry 16GB mem limit!??? Totally kills an otherwise powerhouse of a smartphone!