HTC Droid DNA for Verizon is announced
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 10:16 posted on
Here it is, guys! The moment we've been awaiting for the past few weeks has finally arrived. HTC and Verizon jointly announced the latest addition to the Droid family of red, shiny and mighty smartphones. Enter the Droid DNA by HTC. Are you excited to meet her as much as us? We bet you are, so without further ado, let's cut straight to the chase...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Johnnokia (Posts: 914; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I'm gonna buy Lumia 820.
Sorry HTC, I don't care now.
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1201; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
well nobody cares for what you're gonna buy dude
29. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
nokia = irrelevant has been POS company that should die already.
78. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Actually Nokia has one of the best Research and Development teams out of everyone, especially with the limited budget they have in comparison with Samsung and Apple. Its just their business strategies/marketing which is terrible compared to Samsung and Apple...
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This is gonna be the Device than put HTC back on the map ,
Juicy 1080p screen , 1.5GHZ Snapdragon cpu with Adrenos 320 GPU , 2GB ram , Android Jelly Bean , nice and thin design , beats audio and all that for a price of $199 on contract . Thats one hell on a deal , Crapsung will fall and HTC will rise again !
If you are on Verizon and you want an Android phone you pick anything over this you are a complete idiot . If you are on Verizon and you pick the iphone 5 over this i bet $10 bucks that you still live in a cave
3. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Storage and battery are the only things that can hold this device back.....
7. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Size: 143 x 71 x 9.1mm
5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1090 resolution, 440ppi and 80 degrees viewing angle
Corning Gorilla Glass 2
1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
2GB of RAM
16GB of storage
8-megapixel camera with LED flash, F 2.0 lens, 1080p video recording and dedicated image chip (advanced camera features included)
2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
4G LTE support
802.11a/b/g/n dual-band (5GHz, 2.4GHz) Wi-Fi
Mobile Hotspot support for up to 8 connections
Beats audio support
wireless charging support
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 4+ on top, upgradeable to Android 4.2
specs are from android authority
9. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
NO microSD card slot!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's super LCD3, not IPS LCD.
13. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
It does say microSD support right below the 16GB storage on his specs list. If it does have microSD card support, I could care less about that battery!=P
20. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
i don't know for sure this is just what i saw on android authority
10. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am just hoping now it comes to south east asia by march/april
11. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
htc all ways f.... up with something 2020mha battery
14. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If it last above 8 hours , i dont give a sh*t .
Its nice and thin . Its a pretty ad fashionable device and thats cool
59. johnriii (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
exactly. those specs will eat that battery like a fat kids eats waffles. HTC STILL has no idea what the hell it's doing.
39. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Either they are wrong or phonearena is wrong. Phonearena states it has no microSD card slot, while androidauthority says it has one......
41. redmd (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
there's no micro sd slot people. the HTC one x didn't have it in the first place.get over it already.
46. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
This site says there isn't one, androidauthority says there is in it's official specs list. You may be right, but atm it appears that particular issue isn't for sure yet.
54. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
On Verizon Wireless' website, it's official, no SD card slot........*facedesk*
60. b1acktiger (Posts: 219; Member since: 19 May 2012)
SCLD 3 is less power efficient than the displays we are using now. Thats what htc claims. Lets see
5. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
battery should be on par with s3. common users don't care about storage. this is the king of phones.
12. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Well, I'm not a common user, and I do care about storage. I have a full 32GB microSD card in my Rezound, to go with the 16GB internal storage, and I use the majority of the storage in both locations. I just don't think 16GB storage can do it for me, no matter how good the other things are....
17. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
i have the rezound too, and i have 5 gigs used. i just use google music alot, but i definitly understand where your coming from. my gripe is that i thought it was a 2500 mah battery, not a 2020. im a little skeptical now
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I think HTC will release a higher memory version of it soon . But for the PRICE , i think i will be okay with 16GB
23. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
According towww.androidauthority.com, it does support microSD cards, which means this is my next phone, 2020mah battery be damned!
36. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
HIlarious. I get thumbed down just for how I use my phone??? Sweet jeebus get a life! I don't criticize others for how they use their phone, b/c it is their business! Take a hint.......
62. smartphonelover (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Go to the official specs on verizon wireless. There's no MicroSD card slot.
64. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
At another point on this thread I posted exactly that.
61. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
excuse me, idiot coming through~
i'm on Verizon, and i'll be picking up the Note2
love the stylus, physical home button (except the logo), etc
(btw, my current phone is from HTC)
63. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The physical home button on samsung devices are actually kinda slow compared with touch buttons or on screen ones
81. t3st001 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 May 2012)
you're so stupid that it's a shame to be viet.
4. DerryAhmad (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Specs lookin' good so far. Now lets see about the battery and the other features that will distinguish this phone from the other Android phones.
6. TA-21 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Is there any other colors ??? bcz i dont like to buy a red phone
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Buy some aeresol sprays and spray it blue . LOL
38. TA-21 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Good idea but i would like to covered with peace of black plastic :-) lolz
8. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Epic fail with 16GB onboard storage ONLY without a microSD.
WHY HTC WHY!
15. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
It has a MicroSd support thats what I read !!
43. redmd (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
in what paragraph of the post did you read that statement. we can only wish. in the end only Samsung and LG will support micro sd expansion.
79. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
It's not supported. Check out official Verizon's website.
16. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
and then some people are surprised why htc is losing more and more money HTC JUST PUT MICRO SD CARD ACCESSIBILITY AND BIGGER BATTERY AND YOUR GONE BE THE BOSS IN THE SMARTPHONE UNIVERSE
21. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
But the iPhone doesnt have those things yet people are still buying those iPoop
44. redmd (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
iPhone never support micro SD from the get go. and HTC ifs not Apple. this should be pretty clear by now.
19. i_hate_my_life (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
NP Lumia 920 anytime =)
and why would u want to have a 1080p screen?
24. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Why not? That resolution is beast! That is like asking why get the Shelby Cobra Mustang when the V6 has 305 hp in it. The 305 hp is nice, but the Cobra is BEAST!=)
25. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
You Hate Your Life and Now I Hate Your Choice !!
31. Johnnokia (Posts: 914; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Lumia 920 is the best phone yet
40. TA-21 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
Now i wait for this, bcz of nexus poor battery life...
47. redmd (Posts: 1107; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
the nexus has 2100 vs 2050 mAh of DNA and the DNA have 1080p resolution so you should have an idea of the battery life. the have the same processor BTW.
27. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
No SD card slot and battery looks really small to power a 1080p 5” screen with lte...
37. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Spec list shows microSD card support dude.
I stand corrected. www.androidauthority.com 's spec list is wrong, or phonearena is wrong. One lists a microSD card slot, one doesn't.....
45. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yep they the only listing SD card slot where else everywhere else it says no SD card slot which is a shame...more concerned about battery really ...for example the optimus g which has the exact same spec minus 1080p screen just gets through a day so I have a feeling that the DNA which not only has a larger 5" Screen but also has too push twice as many pixels will struggle...2020mah is really small...
49. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I was holding out hope it would have support for a microSD car, but it appears that is wrong...... I can live with the battery and possibly the storage, but it is a major letdown.....
30. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1018; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
if this phone came out before the Note II then it could hold its own BUT I dont think that it can compete with the note II right now. this could be a gift or curse for HTC because of the issues theyve had with their phones over the last couple of years.
Im surprised that the DNA is a verizon exclusive......which it shouldnt be because of the lessons learned from the debacle that came with the AT&T-iPhone fiasco lol
32. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
2,020mAh?!? for 1080p? i hope the s-lcd3 is really baterry savin! i hope the review will be good! this is the only thing that really boders me... the battery
34. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 456; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Almost good try htc.... Timely updates.....only nexus for me...... Google how about a nexus phablet or nexus note
42. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 944; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
THIS is the Htc many of us know and love! That is some SERIOUS hardware in this beast of a smartphone :o my S3 is absolutely humbled.
Two things though, whats with the small 2020mAh batt and paltry 16GB mem limit!??? Totally kills an otherwise powerhouse of a smartphone!