HTC Droid DNA for Verizon is announced
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 10:16 posted on
Here it is, guys! The moment we've been awaiting for the past few weeks has finally arrived. HTC and Verizon jointly announced the latest addition to the Droid family of red, shiny and mighty smartphones. Enter the Droid DNA by HTC. Are you excited to meet her as much as us? We bet you are, so without further ado, let's cut straight to the chase...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Johnnokia (Posts: 1094; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I'm gonna buy Lumia 820.
Sorry HTC, I don't care now.
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
well nobody cares for what you're gonna buy dude
29. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
nokia = irrelevant has been POS company that should die already.
78. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Actually Nokia has one of the best Research and Development teams out of everyone, especially with the limited budget they have in comparison with Samsung and Apple. Its just their business strategies/marketing which is terrible compared to Samsung and Apple...
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This is gonna be the Device than put HTC back on the map ,
Juicy 1080p screen , 1.5GHZ Snapdragon cpu with Adrenos 320 GPU , 2GB ram , Android Jelly Bean , nice and thin design , beats audio and all that for a price of $199 on contract . Thats one hell on a deal , Crapsung will fall and HTC will rise again !
If you are on Verizon and you want an Android phone you pick anything over this you are a complete idiot . If you are on Verizon and you pick the iphone 5 over this i bet $10 bucks that you still live in a cave
3. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Storage and battery are the only things that can hold this device back.....
7. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Size: 143 x 71 x 9.1mm
5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1090 resolution, 440ppi and 80 degrees viewing angle
Corning Gorilla Glass 2
1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
2GB of RAM
16GB of storage
8-megapixel camera with LED flash, F 2.0 lens, 1080p video recording and dedicated image chip (advanced camera features included)
2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
4G LTE support
802.11a/b/g/n dual-band (5GHz, 2.4GHz) Wi-Fi
Mobile Hotspot support for up to 8 connections
Beats audio support
wireless charging support
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 4+ on top, upgradeable to Android 4.2
specs are from android authority
9. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
NO microSD card slot!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's super LCD3, not IPS LCD.
13. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
It does say microSD support right below the 16GB storage on his specs list. If it does have microSD card support, I could care less about that battery!=P
20. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
i don't know for sure this is just what i saw on android authority
10. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am just hoping now it comes to south east asia by march/april
11. flyboy21 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
htc all ways f.... up with something 2020mha battery
14. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If it last above 8 hours , i dont give a sh*t .
Its nice and thin . Its a pretty ad fashionable device and thats cool
59. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
exactly. those specs will eat that battery like a fat kids eats waffles. HTC STILL has no idea what the hell it's doing.
39. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Either they are wrong or phonearena is wrong. Phonearena states it has no microSD card slot, while androidauthority says it has one......
41. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
there's no micro sd slot people. the HTC one x didn't have it in the first place.get over it already.
46. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
This site says there isn't one, androidauthority says there is in it's official specs list. You may be right, but atm it appears that particular issue isn't for sure yet.
54. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
On Verizon Wireless' website, it's official, no SD card slot........*facedesk*
60. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
SCLD 3 is less power efficient than the displays we are using now. Thats what htc claims. Lets see
5. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
battery should be on par with s3. common users don't care about storage. this is the king of phones.
12. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Well, I'm not a common user, and I do care about storage. I have a full 32GB microSD card in my Rezound, to go with the 16GB internal storage, and I use the majority of the storage in both locations. I just don't think 16GB storage can do it for me, no matter how good the other things are....
17. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
i have the rezound too, and i have 5 gigs used. i just use google music alot, but i definitly understand where your coming from. my gripe is that i thought it was a 2500 mah battery, not a 2020. im a little skeptical now
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I think HTC will release a higher memory version of it soon . But for the PRICE , i think i will be okay with 16GB
23. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
According towww.androidauthority.com, it does support microSD cards, which means this is my next phone, 2020mah battery be damned!
36. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
HIlarious. I get thumbed down just for how I use my phone??? Sweet jeebus get a life! I don't criticize others for how they use their phone, b/c it is their business! Take a hint.......
62. smartphonelover (Posts: 37; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Go to the official specs on verizon wireless. There's no MicroSD card slot.
64. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
At another point on this thread I posted exactly that.