HTC Desire to follow the Motorola Droid for Verizon
This article contains unofficial information.
HTC Desire Preliminary Specifications
1. BrokenImaege (Posts: 173; Member since: 27 Jul 2009)
Heads up. The 28th is not the launch of the Droid but of the Storm 2. Droid launches on the 7th of November!!!!!!
2. jtm1208 (Posts: 37; Member since: 16 Jun 2009)
they are referring to when the droid is showcased, not when it is available for sale
3. smimi15 (Posts: 21; Member since: 05 Apr 2008)
I believe your mother is being showcased that day also.
9. vzwrepildo (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jul 2009)
Droid is scheduled sometime in nov there is not a release date as of yet
13. BrokenImaege (Posts: 173; Member since: 27 Jul 2009)
No there is a hard date now... My ASM got it this morning
14. vzwrepildo (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jul 2009)
If your talking about the holiday e-mail we got then it doesnt say a official date in that e-mail. What region are you from ?
16. VZDUBREP (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
Yea. I too work for Verizon Wireless (call center) and we have had the chance to play with the Droid in the center however there is no official launch date. We have an official hands on training for this device, BB storm 2, and others next week. So it wont be launching till November.
17. vzwrepildo (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jul 2009)
Thank you ..we have a training coming up this week as well for Q4 devices
7. C_H (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Oct 2009)
Everyone's already given you their opinion, now STFU and just choose one
5. oddmanout (Posts: 441; Member since: 22 May 2009)
Can this phone look anymore like a sprint hero? Or does sprint have exclusivity to hero? and thats why verizon is coming out with something exactly the same just renamed and a pinch different?
8. C_H (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Oct 2009)
HTC lookalikes are not uncommon, it's just the way HTC makes phones
6. vnewton09 (Posts: 20; Member since: 09 Jul 2009)
I gotta have this phone!!! I hope it gets released around the same time as the Droid.
11. johnolesen (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Oct 2009)
this is actually going to be called the Eris.
15. biggles (Posts: 220; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Well, it has the same guts, but it's not the same phone. It's somewhat different than Sprint's Hero what with the soft keys and call/end buttons, and it's infinitely better than the ugly chinned Euro/World model that apparently AT&T will be getting early next year. If I was with AT&T and learned that was the first Android phone I'd have to wait that long for, I'd be signing with another carrier right now. Not sure why Sprint had to retain the Hero name with something largely different on the outside. Glad to see Verizon renamed there's.
18. iberrystorm (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
they look the same but they are different in alot of ways i bet. it might have a better processor or something. its a different phone so why would they name it hero if its a new phone. also i liked the chin, it made the hero unique. the euro version looked cool. i hate that at&t is going to get that one but life is life. i hope htc can make a new phone more unique, i dont like the touch sensitive buttons at all. the solid looking like steel buttons on the front of the original hero was great. the perfect phone would be the touch pro 2 keyboard with htc heros buttons chin with or without, dont really care, sense ui, android, and a snapdragon processor.
19. VZWbeatsSprint (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
When the HTC Touch Pro2 came 2 AT&T it was renamed the Tilt II. Same thing with the Touch Diamond2 and the Pure.