HTC Desire HD and Incredible S are updated to Sense 3.0, Wildfire S gets fancy lockscreen
0. phoneArena 09 Dec 2011, 14:24 posted on
Relegated to the mid-range market, seeing that their specs no longer deem them to be high-end smartphones, both the HTC Desire HD and Incredible S are getting some much-needed love in the form of software updates bringing along the usefulness of HTC Sense 3.0...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
It'll get an update years after it's released on the DHD.
Or you could just root and S-OFF, and then get the Sense 3.0 ROM? I've been running a leaked version for a few months already, and I can update to the final Sense 3.0 base 3.12.405 whenever I want.
Never count on carriers to deliver updates.
8. Nathan (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
The Inspire 4G already has a Gingerbread update, but if you want HTC Sense 3.0, just download the ROM. If you don't want to download it but still want the Sense 3.0 unlock-screen, download the latest widget locker.
12. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
The GB update took years to come out for the Inspire that the DHD already had for around 4 or so months.
2. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
what about the Droid Incredible 2 is that lumped in with the incredible S
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope so! that'll breathe all new life into the handset. o:
7. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
well just checked the misses phone no update yet...
4. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I hope it comes to the Inspire sometime soon too... and hopefully this isn't a consolation for a later revelation that there won't be an ICS update for us after the "1st wave" of updates.
6. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
And ICS is suspected to come to the Desire HD with Sense 4.0.
10. mio15 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
Wildfire S Lockscreen (3.0) perfectly working on 2.3.5 now
Some news about Desire HD?
(a friend is curious to get the update)
11. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Um....American variations? PLEASE?!?!?! ON GOD PLEASE. MY THUNDERBOLT NEEDS IT!! YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S NOT COMPATIBLE ANYMORE
16. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
amen to that. I guess that is why my next phone will probably not be an HTC regardless of how much they supossedly upgrade. They seem to create a totally incomplete warehouse of phones. Some phones can do this while others are left in the cold and then wow they are capable of doing it. Thus, I think they are disconnected. My Thunderbolt should have been upgraded lots ago.
13. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I can tell you for sure, CM9 will support this device, and we can expect to see at least GB Sense 3.5, if not ICS Sense 4.0.
14. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
See, at least HTC has the Sense (lol) to update its international models all at the same time. I fail to see why the Incredible S and Desire HD shouldn't have got updated to sense 3.5, the HTC Rhyme has 3.5 and runs on the same chip.
3.5 really is a huge step over 3.0 in terms of stability.
15. GrunT (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
the Incredible S has gotten a really s**t Sense 3.0 update, it is a poor resized and scaled WVGA version of the qHD sensation ROM.
Virtous Unity did 100x times better job at it long time back, resizing each and everything properly.I'm going to enjoy Sense 3.5 runnymede ROM on my Incredible S until I get a GSII :) HTC should have just released proper driver source code instead of an update, at least we could use AOSP ROMs with minimum bugs then.