HTC Desire HD and Desire Z Hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Sep 2010, 17:55
It was long awaited, but finally the HTC press event with the mysterious smokescreen invite has spilled the beans on two exciting new phones, and even more exciting new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zerglisk posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:48 0 0
hmm... from the 2nd picture of Desire HD, does it mean that this phone is going to T-Mobile in the US? Desire Z may go to AT&T since T-Mobile is going to have Google G2 instead??
2. Fallout posted on 15 Sep 2010, 18:35 0 0
Not necessarily, there's a T-Mobile in Europe as well
7. Pistons313 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2010, 01:12 0 0
actually if you really looked at the note in the picture you are talking about you would notice a symbol which would make it very clear as to where this phone is headed
18. mr. droid posted on 17 Sep 2010, 18:38 0 0
i will be blunt. T-mobile, thats where it is going.
19. mr. droid posted on 17 Sep 2010, 18:40 0 0
in Europe that is. neither of these phones are set to be released in the United States.
25. wrong (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2010, 23:26 0 0
better check your facts on that one. desire z is coming to US as the "G2" on t-mobile
27. SevenAce (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2010, 16:22 0 0
Yup the Desire Z (the G2) and my T-Mobile store is getting thier shipment this week and it goes on sale on Oct 6
3. Joshing4fun posted on 15 Sep 2010, 18:52 0 0
HTC has the best Android phones. This is just further proof of that!
4. Narako (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2010, 21:05 0 0
err htc desire z doesnt run on a 1ghz processor.. it runs the 800MHz Qualcomm MSM7230 processor
6. Clo292311 (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2010, 22:17 0 0
Correction it has a 1 ghz processor running at 800 mhz.
9. vinsterdamus posted on 16 Sep 2010, 07:44 0 0
correction it has a cpu that can be clocked at 800mhz up to 1ghz. it's a new snapdragon that isn't necessarily downgraded to 800 mhz it's up to the company to set it to 800mhz or 1ghz.
23. eokorie posted on 22 Sep 2010, 06:39 0 0
Here's a bit of an interesting read with regards to the new processor. http://www.linleygroup.com/New
5. Jeradiah3 posted on 15 Sep 2010, 21:56 0 0
theyre both nice phones..id like to see at&t get the desire hd since it is a gsm phone
8. memememe (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2010, 04:26 0 0
Desire HD is the EVO4G for the european market and Desire Z is the Tmobile G2 for the european market also.
10. vinsterdamus posted on 16 Sep 2010, 07:45 0 0
i thought the HD had some minor upgrades. is the fast boot feature present in the evo 4g?
26. KillaKem (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2010, 07:17 0 0
Don't even think of buying a nokia!! They are so buggy!!!
29. Sevenace posted on 28 Sep 2010, 16:38 0 0
Both are nice sliders the downside to the E7 is Nokia which is unfortunate
12. c88money3 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2010, 19:58 0 0
Actually the desire z has sense ui so it's not the same as the g2. The z also looks like the red and black htc phone that's been leaked a couple of times. I would love to see it on sprint with wimax and and a front facing camera.
13. c88money3 (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2010, 20:01 0 0
To be more clear I meant the red and black qwerty htc phone on verizon.
14. pesmoman (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 05:44 0 0
the htc desire HD looks like the HD2 why didnt they just make the HD2 like the desire HD? its so annoying as for the desire Z it looks like a nokia phone with a htc logo a big chunk of wood dont like that one bit. the desire HD should have at least a 10 mp camera a 1.5 gig proccesor a 1.3mp on the front of the phone if not better spec.
15. PHONE FREAK (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 06:17 0 0
LOL what world do you live in. Keep dreaming. THERe are NO 10 mp cameras on phones. Its VGA, 1.3, 2.0. 3.0, 3.2, 5, 8, and 12. A 1.5 ghz processor is NOT coming out until next year. You FAIL!
16. pesmoman (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 07:06 0 0
DOH! sony ericsson satio 12MP camera nokia n8 same camera DOH! you fail and there is a 14 MP camera to be realeased in the not to distant future do your home junior b4 you make comment.
22. lol@youfail (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2010, 18:34 0 0
He clearly listed the megapixes choices with 12 being at the top and since the 14mp phone hasn't been released yet therefore it doesn't yet exist. Read comments before you reply, junior.
28. SevenAce (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2010, 16:29 0 0
HHAHA I absolutely LOVE whe people use the term "FAIL" and in that same response they fail because they didnt read the original comment or went too fast coming up with a "you fail" response. oh gotta love it!
17. aclsmb posted on 17 Sep 2010, 11:31 0 0
Doesn't it always seem like the interviewer/blogger from the website knows a lot more about the phone than the people hired to demo the actual phone from the MFG? :-)
20. bhloo (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2010, 01:08 0 0
No tilt screen, no fun...
21. ladyhaly (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2010, 11:02 0 0
Never before have I lusted after phones as much as I have lusted over the HTC phones! The HTC EVO 4G, the HTC Desire HD, and the HTC Desire Z. If I was filthy rich, I would have bought all of these plus the other HTC phones like Desire and Hero... and I would give them out as presents to family and friends and expand the market of the company over here in the Philippines. Nokia has the largest market share over here because it's the most commonly found phone throughout the country and if I hadn't done my research, I wouldn't have known what I was missing!
24. alkio (unregistered) posted on 25 Sep 2010, 18:21 0 0
Will the HD ever be in the us? There all saying in will only be in Europe and Asia.
30. Matt@H (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2010, 19:30 0 0
Damn, take a hacksaw to those cat claws before shooting a 'hands on demo'! HD looks good though.
31. Charlie1 (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2010, 23:21 0 0
Check the comparison between the Evo and the Epic, the videos tell it all, HTC is a horror story regarding the camera, so HTC is not the best, far from it.