HTC Desire 816 now available to buy in Europe, costs around $400
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2014, 19:52 posted on
Not long after it was released in China and other Asian markets, the Desire 816 is now being launched in Europe. The US might also get the handset soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3753; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Love this design.... And great mid range phablet.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3046; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Agreed, I hope to see this bad boy on major US carriers and maybe even some of the prepaid carriers.
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1750; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If it does not come to the US, it wouldn't be too expensive to find one on eBay.
9. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Moto X is better in ways for less than $400.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1577; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
But as far as I'm concerned, it's US (UK???) exclusive.
12. amiroo3 (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
i dont think so cus 816 much better than moto x in case of spc and design.
17. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1750; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Moto X and Desire 816 are in different category. However, with front facing speakers are very nice :D
4. fzacek (Posts: 2412; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Too expensive IMO. Costs more than Nexus 5, which is a much better phone...
11. fzacek (Posts: 2412; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
PA should add an option to delete your posts within a certain time...
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Many devices cost more than the Nexus 5 despite being technically worse. It's because Google is a huge corporation that doesn't specialize in hardware and can take small margins.
5. iphone5cuserguide (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
I think it's going to be a hit in the USA for sure
6. Firedrops (Posts: 219; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
I love htc's flagships(using the m8 now), but they always seem to overprice their mid-range and budget phones. Also, 5.5" 720p sounds like a horrible idea.
7. gamit (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
quite expensive...shudn't be more than $330....screen is also quite large..5.5".. holding in hand..or keeping in pocket looks odd...
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 708; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I think if htc had priced it at 300$-350$ range, then it would have kicked other midrangers out of the park........
15. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Can't you get an unlocked note 2 at that price?
19. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I would prefer a Snapdragon 801 and a 5" display. That would make this the perfect phone for me.