HTC Desire 816 hands on: the 'flagship' mid-ranger
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2014, 10:53 posted on
HTC needs a hero mid-ranger, the type of device that is cut from the cloth with rival Motorola Moto G. It's unlikely that the the company will completely abandon its premium pricing model, but it sure feels like HTC will be trying very hard to make the Desire 816 the hero mid-ranger that it needs to be. We had a first meet with the 816, and here are our initial impressions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Even thought it has a glossy back, HTC knows how to design..
2. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
For a mid range phone that's actually awesome
5. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
This is the first HTC fone that im tempted to buy after my Evo 3D which i loved.
7. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Love the phone ...tired of their names really
8. maherk (Posts: 1107; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The back of the 5S is slapped on the back of the 5C.
9. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1379; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
This mid range phone is a lot sexier than a lot of high end out there :P
20. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 345; Member since: 07 May 2012)
samsung phones have the same dull designs year after year,then then copy the same design to lower end smartphones with that stupid home button!
11. kryme (Posts: 142; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
no word on battery?? if its over 3000mah then its a phone for me....
18. Hyperreal (Posts: 135; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
its 2600mah. I think thats completly enough for 720p display, snap 400 and sense 5, which is not so power consuming. really nice phone. bezels could be smaller but besides thats perfect.
12. andrejx (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I think all those leaked pictures of the HTC m8 (htc one up?) were fake. at first, there was just one leaked picture, that was considered as the real deal. and then more and more renders were made from the same leak. why would HTC design its flagship worse than its mindrange/flagship phones. Imagine this (desire 816) design with (aerospace) aluminium body. that would be something!
15. andrejx (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
and I reall hope they'll go with such hybrid onscreen/offscreen buttons! so that the wallpaper can be seen and the buttons can rotate and dont interfere with the screen
16. antonioli (Posts: 185; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Interesting phone. The problem is the price. I don't think that will be fair.
17. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 213; Member since: 30 May 2013)
this phone lookes better than the m8(if the leaks are real)(and I hope they are not real)
19. CaptYolo (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Whats with the metal/aluminum worshipping on tech sites????????????
21. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2781; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Q: What exactly it was doing wrong?
A: Pricing. (IMHO)
Check Moto G's success HTC.
22. Odiin (Posts: 294; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
HTC one? How come with crappy camera n battery, its got best smartphone award? I wonder!
G2, S4, n Z1 deserved it.
23. tiara6918 (Posts: 1490; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I would say this is the best mid range device released this year so far
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2550; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It hasn't even been released. How can it possibly be the best? Such a fanboy comment.