HTC Deluxe render leaks, showing off global version of the HTC DROID DNA
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:22
The HTC DROID DNA is making its way around the world as the HTC Deluxe after already being known as the HTC Butterfly J in Japan; the 5 inch phablet offers an incredible pixel density of 441ppi thanks to the 1080 x 1920 resolution on the screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Cyan3boN posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:34 3 0
we shouldnt jump to a conclusion until we see some official battery scores. maybe Htc has used a battery of higher density like in the optimus g.
7. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:45 2 0
with 4glte it lasted 10 hours, I think on normal 2g/3g connection it will last plenty. But I doubt the higher battery density thing...
25. redmd posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:24 0 0
let's see the battery test then maybe we'll be reminded of thunderbolt or Razr maxx. I hope to be reminded of the latter.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:28 6 1
note two is beyond phablet territory....... there's big and then there's ridicoulous :(
5. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:42 4 0
people forget that the 5" is only a mere .2 inches larger than the s3. And in a size comparison its only taller.
8. Mannequinsdenial posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:46 0 0
i think more people are concerned about over double the amount of pixels
16. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:20 1 0
double amount of the pixels but its not the same technology, its more power efficient so its not proportional to twice the amount of battery usage.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:10 0 0
what seems to be cool about it is how slim it is.....I have the Htc Droid incredible 4g lte.....and although its 4 inches, the thing I really like about it is how slim and nice it feels in the hand (as well as the bright screen of course) but if this 5 inch phone is as slim as it appears at that height then it may very well feel good to hold despite it being that large.....only problem may be with having to reach across the screen with your thumb...... which is why i lean more towards the smaller more reasonable size phones like 4 to 4.3 inches
14. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:18 2 0
I use both my hands even for my 3.5 inch phone, so Im okay with larger screens.
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Nov 2012, 02:05 0 0
26. Owlet posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:33 0 0
I can't wait to use my hands on this thing! Hope preoders will ship a little early :) It looks like it's not any bigger than the S III I have right now.
27. kpfirefighter posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:54 2 0
I think the DNA is a little wider too isn't it? Bit your right it not much bigger. I think the HTC will be a lot faster than our s3 though. In general HTC phones have always been more powerful. And I like my phones to be fast that's why I will get the DNA. My buddy has the note 2 which is nice but Verizon screwed up yje note 2 with that ridiculous home button. And that thing is huge
33. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 21:38 1 0
actually its .1mm thinner.
Galaxy S3 = 70.6 mm
DNA = 70.5mm
6. Mannequinsdenial posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:45 1 0
This is very good news. hopefully this results to better dev community for the entire line.
9. ojdidit84 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:47 2 1
I really wish they'd stop calling these phablets when they clearly stated that these are Smartphones, not phablets. They may be big phones but they have no tablet functionality like the Note has. There's really no comparison between these and the Note II either way you look at it and we all know that the features on the Note trump anything Sense may have (which happens to be nothing new in 4 years).
10. wendygarett posted on 16 Nov 2012, 00:48 1 11
Too big and obvious... I love the 1080p but it just too big and bulky...
iPhone anyone? :)
18. No_Nonsense posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:30 5 0
You don't need to put iPhone or Apple in every comment.
20. spideyhead256 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:49 2 0
just because your hands are too small doesnt mean the phone is too big. :P
23. JC557 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:45 2 0
Pff, I would rather get the Droid Razr M than the iPhone considering that in a similar sized body I can have 4.3" of screen real estate with just good battery life.
32. OptimusOne posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:18 0 0
you have 2 hands for a reazon.
you also have 2 legs. whatelse would you use those for? walking? oh wait, it isn't good it text while walking, you might fall in a ditch
so small phone like iphone encourage using phone with hands. using phone with hands enoucrages feet to move simultaneously while using phone, called walking. walkwing while using phone enoucrages falling in ditches. guess wahht iphone 5 cause people to fall into ditches
13. blackspot posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:16 0 0
This phone is clearly having an identity crisis, lol.
15. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:18 0 0
why i love and not love this phone
-beautiful 5" super LCD screen
-HTC made (sounds like a china made(Technically they are chinese, taiwanese) but make really good phones though)
-2020 mAh battery
-no microSD slot!!!
almost perfect but still almost isnt good enough for me!
17. darkskoliro posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:25 5 0
lol trust me Taiwan is very different from China. Its like HK and CN are very different countries as well if you have visited them
30. Owlet posted on 16 Nov 2012, 12:16 0 0
No phone is perfect. If you think about it, nothing at all on this Earth is perfect. That's just life. Phone is awesome.
19. tiara6918 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 01:37 1 0
Once htc already decided to make an international version of the droid dna, the next thing they have to do is to make new marketing strategies for the device to sell like pancakes
22. rizevnarastek posted on 16 Nov 2012, 03:05 0 0
Ditching the 4G LTE should make way for a bigger battery and more storage, say 16GB + microSD (or 64GB internal) and 2500mAh battery.
..then the only thing left is to hit the world with a GOOD massive add campaign.
- CLEAR (FullHD screen, 8MP f2.0 rear and 2.1MP 88° ff camera, Beats audio)
- FAST (Quad S4, Adreno 320, 2GB RAM)
- SLIM & LIGHT (
29. ojdidit84 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:15 2 0
You can't just ditch the LTE chip. It's integrated into the S4 processor so it wouldn't make a difference in the phone space-wise.
There really is no reason why they couldn't have fit more memory or SD slot into the phone, especially more onboard storage.
HTC really does need to invest in finding better battery tech for their phones.
24. app_droid_soft posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:52 0 0
i wish this was nexus 5...with a price of $400
28. mno.daddy posted on 16 Nov 2012, 08:21 1 0
Who made this device PhoneArena or HTC???
HTC say this device is a SMARTPHONE not a PHABLET.
and the battery didn't test yet.
PhoneArena plz play fair against HTC.
31. Jonathan41 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 13:46 2 0
The battery is fine. People wined about the HTC One X's battery I have to say that I am very satisfied with it's battery life. Battery capacity isen't the only factor in battery life.