HTC DROID DNA getting two step update to Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2013, 13:28 posted on
HTC DROID DNA owners have been given information about future updates to their device that have been as clear as the Hudson River. And for those who don't live in NewYork, let's just say that the Hudson is pretty murky. Back in August, it appeared that the phone would be receiving Android 4.3, according to HTC America President Jason Mackenzie. But something changed and the executive busted that update down to Android 4.2.2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I think just like verizon samsung galaxy note 2.
3. krauser1 (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Got the update this afternoon. I definitely like the update to 4.2.2. Seems a bit smoother and snappier. Better late than never I suppose.
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3396; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Verizon updating the DNA to 4.2.2 at this point is a joke. The phone should be getting 4.3 at the very least right now.
20. LionStone (Posts: 549; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yea... Tell me about the 4.3 update for S3 and S4 on At&t, that had to be halted because of issues lol... that's Sammy for ya. My DNA update to 4.2 was flawless, even with Nova Prime as my launcher, everything running perfect just like before the update!
21. maccess (Posts: 715; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
No one talking about samsung dude.. chill down.. why suddenly getting mad to other company?? Such a butt hurt..
5. majp89 (Posts: 123; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Too little, too late. Already got a different phone because I got tired of the lack of support.
14. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol, im with u but isnt this the outcome verizon prefers?
7. mikewillz (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I moved on to the G2. Never buying htc nor paying Verizon another dime.
9. dorianb (Posts: 539; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Kit Kat was released within the 18 month update window of the phones (DNA) life cycle. So isn't HTC suppose to update to KK per Googles T&A?
But it drops.... if ever.... after the release of 5.1.x.
Thanks VERIZON *sarcasm*
10. b1acktiger (Posts: 216; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Only Verizon is far behind the updating their phones. similar device like HTC Butterfly recieved 4.2 update 3 months back. Users should fight back by droppping their services.
11. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The question is will this be the last update or will it get 4.4?
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Kit Kat is confirmed to arrive for the DNA in April.
12. gatordotcom (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Jun 2010)
THAT IS TRUE, WE WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF. BUT, I LOVE MY PHONE AND LOVE MY SERVICE... THOSE TWO THINGS MAKE IT BEARABLE. PLUS THIS IS THE ONLY NETWORK IN THE US WITH THIS PHONE, AND YOU CAN'T BEAT IT WITH ANYTHING ELSE IN OUR MARKET YET...
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9801; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Um, every phone since Spring is better than the DNA imo.
19. LionStone (Posts: 549; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Not really... I have a Nexus 5 too and the DNA is on par...because the DNA was ahead of its time when it released.
15. indyred99 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Received it and like it so far. Phone seems snappy with it. HTC has said on Twitter Android 4.4 is confirmed for April time frame.