HTC DROID DNA getting two step update to Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5
That update has finally been announced by Verizon. It will be sent out in two parts, and by the time everything is all done and accounted for, the handset will feature Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5. That means BlinkFeed will be on your DROID DNA, giving you visual updates from your social networks and news feeds. In addition, Sense 5 will bring an updated dialer, calendar, gallery and contacts list to the phone. You will also get Quick Settings for fast settings changes. And there is also the usual bug fixes and enhancements.
Step one of the update requires you to download and install software version 2.08.605.1 and then doing the same thing with version 3.06.605.4. The update will be coming OTA to DROID DNA owners soon.
source: Verizon via Phandroid
UPDATE: Seems like some of our loyal readers are already receiving the update today. If it doesn't come to your HTC DROID DNA today, be patient. These things are sent out on a staggered basis so just relax. Your update will eventually arrive.
2. Razrman (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I think just like verizon samsung galaxy note 2.
3. krauser1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Got the update this afternoon. I definitely like the update to 4.2.2. Seems a bit smoother and snappier. Better late than never I suppose.
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1793; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Verizon updating the DNA to 4.2.2 at this point is a joke. The phone should be getting 4.3 at the very least right now.
20. LionStone (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Yea... Tell me about the 4.3 update for S3 and S4 on At&t, that had to be halted because of issues lol... that's Sammy for ya. My DNA update to 4.2 was flawless, even with Nova Prime as my launcher, everything running perfect just like before the update!
21. maccess (Posts: 451; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
No one talking about samsung dude.. chill down.. why suddenly getting mad to other company?? Such a butt hurt..
5. majp89 (Posts: 65; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Too little, too late. Already got a different phone because I got tired of the lack of support.
14. terabyteRouser (Posts: 396; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol, im with u but isnt this the outcome verizon prefers?
7. mikewillz (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I moved on to the G2. Never buying htc nor paying Verizon another dime.
9. dorianb (Posts: 325; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Kit Kat was released within the 18 month update window of the phones (DNA) life cycle. So isn't HTC suppose to update to KK per Googles T&A?
But it drops.... if ever.... after the release of 5.1.x.
Thanks VERIZON *sarcasm*
10. b1acktiger (Posts: 185; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Only Verizon is far behind the updating their phones. similar device like HTC Butterfly recieved 4.2 update 3 months back. Users should fight back by droppping their services.
11. taz89 (Posts: 1895; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The question is will this be the last update or will it get 4.4?
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Kit Kat is confirmed to arrive for the DNA in April.
12. gatordotcom (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Jun 2010)
THAT IS TRUE, WE WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF. BUT, I LOVE MY PHONE AND LOVE MY SERVICE... THOSE TWO THINGS MAKE IT BEARABLE. PLUS THIS IS THE ONLY NETWORK IN THE US WITH THIS PHONE, AND YOU CAN'T BEAT IT WITH ANYTHING ELSE IN OUR MARKET YET...
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5808; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Um, every phone since Spring is better than the DNA imo.
19. LionStone (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Not really... I have a Nexus 5 too and the DNA is on par...because the DNA was ahead of its time when it released.
15. indyred99 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Received it and like it so far. Phone seems snappy with it. HTC has said on Twitter Android 4.4 is confirmed for April time frame.