HTC CEO will carry Olympic torch
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
f i r s t :)
3. Commentator (Posts: 2557; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
In a very small way, yes... maybe now HTC can start eating into Samsung's profits.
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Samsung also has advertising in the olympics of the gs3.
6. Commentator (Posts: 2557; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Samsung is the official phone manufacturer of the Olympics. Juat like in the Android world, HTC is playing second-fiddle to Samsung.
5. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
According to wikipedia, htc was founded in 1997. Is that true? It just 15 years.. Compared to giant like samsung, nokia, apple, motorola, sony. How did they come up so fast?
8. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
HTC was an ODM previously manufacturing for Compal, and other companies like Foxxcon.
9. Commentator (Posts: 2557; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Their recent success (minus Q4 of last year) is even more amazing considering they've only been branding their own phones for about six years. Pretty much everything before their Touch series was rebranded by carriers.
12. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Thx now i understand. That means they have been around for a pretty long time but not under 'htc' brand. Got it.
10. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That must be so cool for him to carry the torch (for anyone in that matter). Also, I think for HTC's success is pretty amazing, even though they are not as big as Samsung. However, for a company came from a country that most people who has no idea of is a pretty amazing achievement.
11. Bangthering_007 (Posts: 36; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
The other woman in red with him is the current CHAIR PERSON of HTC. So not only CEO, all the stake holders are very cool at HTC then. Nice to see this enthusiasm from the top tier executives.