HTC Butterfly sales going well, HTC had to boost shipments
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2012, 08:34 posted on
HTC is one company in desperate need of a comeback. After being the poster child of Android success until the last quarter of 2011…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
In Japan its the Butterfly J. AFAIK, Butterfly isn't in anyone's hands yet although Droid DNA and Butterfly J are. though I'd say it'd be in many hands soon.
2. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I would really like HTC to regain their lost market share..
They always prove that they are "Quietly brilliant" !!
19. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Good to see HTC getting the boost...i hope this encouragement propels them to create even more awesome android phones with BIGGER batteries please!
22. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I just wish that they improve their update system for the non-rooted users(i m rooted n flashed cm10.1)
Other is the PRICE..it's always high in my country..
But.I love their Build quality !
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh China, you just take too much 1080p device from HTC and ZTE recently, you should take care your eyes ya...
4. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Any mention of it being released on T-Mobile or AT&T?
5. pubbaa (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
If it would released before Christmas most people would bag it as a Christmas present. Please Santa make my wish come true
6. redmd (Posts: 1276; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I need to see numbers. but it's expected to sell well while other phone makers are yet to release their 1080p phones coming 2013.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't believe that HTC will leave Butterfly as their flagship for longer than 6 months. They are saying that now b-c Butterfly is selling well, but once sales is stalled I'm sure HTC will not wait.
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Good for you, HTC!! I really hope every company is doing well so we will keep seeing good phones coming out!!
9. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I need to see numbers because there are different definitions of selling well for each company.
10. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Next thing is to release flagship on all carriers in the States... Screw carrier exclusivity. Do what Samsung did with the SGS3.
13. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I went to Verizon to play with the DNA; Its a very good phone but to me it didnt feel like a phablet, so I wouldnt put this in the category of the Note 2 instead it would rival the S3. Sense has improved but I still like the S3 over it. The screen is real nice on the DNA though.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really happy and good to see HTC sales and SONY LG and other Android manufacturer rising™®©
15. DoctorD0S (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I have the DNA and quite frankly I love it. I had the Rezound before it, and that phone, other than the screen, was just ok (I was happily using it til it went through the washing machine).
I do feel that HTC should have made a removable back to give the option for an extended battery (at the cost of a thicker phone for those who are interested) and had removable micro SD card (again for those who want it, I don't store music on my phone, so it is irrelevant). I would happily take that phone a few mm thicker and have a bigger battery. The battery life is far better than the RAZR and Rezound I used before it, but bigger is better!
18. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
To tell the truth it doesnt feel that big and the DNA is way better then the one x. I played with the Note 2 in verizon also and then checked out the Iphone 5 and I almost went crazy; I dont understand how people can use something so small lol. Samsung and HTC is definitely prepping us for bigger phones soon we are going to be laughing at how small the Iphone was.
16. letsb4real25 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Previous Rezound user here too and I'm loving my DNA!!!
20. ar2730 (Posts: 42; Member since: 24 May 2012)
If only it would come to AT&T instead of the HTC ONE X+ we got stuck with.
Just like with the Atrix line we were shafted with instead of the Razr line. Verizon gets off of the Android greats. Well except for good old SAMMY. I love my GS3!
21. snowgator (Posts: 3598; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Got to play around with this at a Verizon store- what an amazing screen. Responsive. This will truly give the Note 2 a run for it's money on Big Red. Hope it's exclusive period is not too long- way to nice of an option to be on only 1 carrier.