HTC Butterfly S to be announced on June 19
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2013, 09:22 posted on
We knew that an HTC Butterfly S was coming sooner than later and now we know when it will be publicly unveiled. Taiwanese media has been getting invitations to a June 19 press event, during which the smartphone is to be introduced...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Htc one or htc butterfly s..?
2. techspace (Posts: 828; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
it should come with the ultrapixel camera
3. milesboy5 (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I would rather have the BoomSound Stereo speakers than the ultrapixel camera...but thats just me
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
will it be coming the UK. we didnt get/havnt got yet the DNA or the original butterfly
5. cGmC11 (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Oh nooooo!!!! HTC again, releasing One flagship & the another month other high-end flagship! WRONG
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Ikr what happened to fewer phones?
7. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
what they are getting away from is the making one version for Verizon, one for at&t, one for Sprint, T-Mobile, and all the others... and just make one that covers all carriers...
besides it's better than s4, s4 active, zoom, mini, along with a note 3, and 2 megas and an ace 3... how many galaxy tabs are coming too? Samsung shouldn't make 30 different handsets but just pull a Dell trick and let you make a custom hammer... would be easier than keeping track of all their products.
10. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Butterfly S is not a flagship. The flagship is just the One ;)
9. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Sounds like a One X to One X+ deal to me. The real Butterfly successor (Butterfly 2?) with full One style, speakers, etc won't be until later this year, if at all. Maybe they'll just make the T6 their jumbo phone.
11. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
"If history is bound to repeat itself, Verizon might be interested in the device, potentially launching it as an HTC Droid DNA successor."
Does not make sense if Verizon/HTC confirmed that the HTC One is coming to Verizon.
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Should just make it the HTC version of the Note. Make the t6 the Butterfly 2, paint it black and red for the DNA 2, and call it a day.
14. MachDaddy (Posts: 43; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Why the ultrapixel camera? No matter how good the lighting is, 4.3 megapixels just isn't good enough nowadays!