HTC Butterfly S coming mid June; HTC M4 and new HTC One colors to arrive mid July
0. phoneArena 02 Jun 2013, 22:14 posted on
According to industry sources, the follow up to the HTC Butterfly, the HTC Butterfly S, will see the light of day by the middle of this month; similar to the Verizon exclusive HTC DROID DNA, the HTC Butterfly has a 5 inch 1080 x 1920 FHD screen offering a 441ppi pixel density. Those insiders say that the HTC Butterfly S will not be the same model as the HTC Butterfly 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
8.7 ultrapixel would be nice.
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Why....but anyway the thing I hate about HTC is there names...Samsung have galaxy..lg have optimus...Sony have xperia...what do htc have?
27. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
HTC One X, One X+, One XL, One S, One V, One.
HTC Desire X, Desire S, Desire C, Desire 600.
Are you dead?
37. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Don't forget the EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, EVO 3D, EVO Design, and the EVO 4GLTE.
2. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
HTC is too late this/arm/s4 will be irrelevant after Computex 2013, everything is about to change.
20. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1118; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
you must be a tech analyst ........lol
21. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
AMD is also revealing new CPUs for desktops.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 736; Member since: 07 May 2012)
They are definitely on track :) So glad!
5. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They should be preparing intel devices or they are going to die.
A prototype silvermont cpu I was able to use scored 62500 (the version was quad core 2ghz, they go up to 2.5ghz at best, power savers have undercloking features and are dual core + hyperthreading) in antutu while getting the same battery life as an a15 cpu. Trust me do not buy arm they are about to get destroyed by intel.
There are a few manufacturers already on board with intel, one of them is Samsung another is Acer (only tablets for now), and last but not least Sony has been thinking about releasing some intel devices under the Vaio brand.
35. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I never thought I would meet an intel fanboy.....
My Snapdragon S3 on my GS2 runs as smooth as butter on everything (MC4 to UI) ...
My point: ARM chips aren't that slow.
4. aditya.k (Posts: 298; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Release 4-5 1080p smartphones at once and people won't buy even one!
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1103; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm a fan of HTC,but the company releasing too many high end smartphones at a time is a wrong strategy
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
These devices won't fail, don't worry.
32. Eonnaydra (Posts: 178; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Over 6 millions HTC One are sold until today and you are saying that the company failed?!
8. aditya.k (Posts: 298; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
That's what I meant to say. I don't know what they are thinking?
22. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
how about 13 megapixel, with ultrapixel technology???
25. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Close to impossible, unless HTC makes the phone thick. To make 13MP with each individual pixels bigger, you need a sensor almost equivalent to 808 PureView in size.
28. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Why does smaller screen HAVE to mean smaller specs?
I know there is demand for top of the line specs in a Razr M sized phone!
29. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
If rumors about the M4 are true, this will be on the upper end of midrange: 720 screen, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage. They couldn't make it too similar without cannibalizing One sales.
34. szaboagoston (Posts: 23; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Well, I don't care if its processor is dual core ore quadcore. If they include boomsound, the ultrapixel camera, 2 GB RAM and a 720 p screen at that size, it's going to be the closest to a palm friendly high end android phone ever. If it even has the alumium body, this thing will be great. I would really consider that phone, even though I have a One... But you're right, the specs are "smaller".
30. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm confused, where does the T6 fit into all this?
33. toondewachter (Posts: 50; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Hopefully the M4 won't come too late. If the S4 mini is the first to hit the stores...