HTC Butterfly 2, HTC Butterfly J 2 revealed from OTA test?
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 10:32 posted on
An OTA test of the HTC Butterfly reveals a codenamed DLXPLUS; considering that the DLX was the code name for the original HTC Butterfly, it would appear that a sequel to the 5 inch FHD model is in the works with as many as three variants on the way including a version for Verizon which would logically be the HTC DROID DNA 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Another awesome phone coming our way.
8. hung2900 (Posts: 648; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Another awesome phone will be released after HTC current flagship few months, as usual.
Wanna buy an HTC Sen? wait! HTC EVO 3D is coming
Wanna buy an HTC EVO 3D? wait! HTC Sen XE is coming
Wanna buy an HTC Sen XE? wait! HTC One X is coming
Wanna buy an HTC One X? wait! HTC One X+ is coming
Wanna buy an HTC One X+? wait! HTC Butterfly is coming
Wanna buy an HTC Butterfly? wait! HTC One is coming
Wanna buy an HTC One? wait! HTC Butterfly 2 is coming
Wanna buy an HTC Butterfly 2? wait! HTC One+ is coming
16. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
actually i think this is gonna be more like the competitor to the Note 3 rather than another flagship.. main phone is the One that it. you can tell cause last year when they anunced the One X they anunced the One V and the One S as well.. did that wrong since the attention was not all on the One X so now i think they will do better, so far the One has had very good reviews
27. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Went to HTC One launch in Jakarta, they showed the Butterfly as well, and made it clear that the two devices are on different class. The One is their flagship, much like the S4 is to Samsung, and the Butterfly is for those who needs bigger screen and IPX5 protection, and it is in the same segment as the Note.
19. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Are you one of those students who got paid by samsung?just askin
24. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You HTC fanbase all assume that anyone that favors Samsung over HTC is a paid student.
30. hung2900 (Posts: 648; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I said anything wrong and anything related to SS?
11. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
HTC should really learn something from Samsung and Sony about timespan for releasing Flagship devices.
13. chocolaking (Posts: 411; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I am pretty sure this phone is for Japan only.
not for the rest of the world yet.
Japanese world only.
26. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
True, but I believe Butterfly from last year was released in Japan first... Then Taiwan and Verizon.
15. b1acktiger (Posts: 171; Member since: 19 May 2012)
J Butterfly were made for the Japanese and they are enjoying their device since November and when device will see the light, we might already crossed that 1 year.
17. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
from sony? really, remember xperia abcdfg,... etc now we got the Z whats next? well mix two letters.. came out with ZL, then UL, PL,..and keeps going..
then you got samsung galaxy y, galaxy duos, galaxy beam, galaxy mini, galaxy s2 plus, galaxy bla bla...
25. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Those aren't flagship samsung devices. Samsung has 2 flagship phones, the Galaxy s4 and Note 2 right now.
2. chocolaking (Posts: 411; Member since: 22 May 2012)
If the Japanese are buying the butterfly J, Then you can asure that the butterfly was one of the best smartphone on market. Or else, it wouldn't even survived the smartphone battle in Japan.
hope the new butterfly make another dominance of the high quality screen resolution again. Set the bar higher!!!
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3704; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Awesome HTC! Awesome!
So, is HTC trying to tell us that their new flagship will be HTC Two? :P
Keep it up HTC, you're quietly brilliant! :)
21. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Nope, it'll be called HTC One Two... Next one will be called One Two Three... the combination is infinite!!!
5. terabyteRouser (Posts: 354; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Could this be headed to Verizon? Could Verizon actually receive the best first?
10. torr310 (Posts: 284; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I hope this sells like iPhone and Galaxy S3/4, which are available to all carriers!
6. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh really? But im getting the htc one! Knowing htc this phone will be a good looking phone for sure..
7. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You think they will put an improved ultrapixel camera on this phone?
9. torr310 (Posts: 284; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Don't think so, production issue for ultrapixel is just relieved, don't think the next version of ultrapixel will be out so soon.
12. chocolaking (Posts: 411; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think it will for japanese market only.
As the butterfly was never aimed for outside of japan. But it such a big pop, so htc brought it to the rest of the world...
But you know I love my new HTC one!
The phone is so nice and it's hard to describe the experience of using it and holding it on my hand.
It's almost like the first time when you hold the iphone4 feels revolutionary.
when often, people look at me and my phone like ' wow.. that's badass phone!'
20. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well best thing we can do now is to wait for the official announcement...its not a big deal for me anyway...my mind now is set to get the htc one..God i really cant wait till next week! :)
22. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The way you sound... makes it almost seems like you were paid to say it. I'm still waiting to see if I could get an actual phone to play with at the retail stores. All Costco have is a dummy phone with a piece of plastic for screen.
28. 14545 (Posts: 874; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This is why you suck HTC. You won't give a flagship model more than 1 or at most two updates, but you will roll out new phones week after week. THIS IS WHY YOU ARE FAILING. GET A HINT YOU IDIOTS. Stuff like this is what confirms my decision to move on from you, speaking as what was a long time customer.