HTC Android Jelly Bean device update list leaks out
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2012, 07:11 posted on
When Google releases the newest version of Android, it is always bittersweet news. And now the bittersweetness comes to HTC, as a list of devices that will get the Jelly Bean update has leaked out…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Huh? One x +? Isn't it the jellybean already?
Or is it android 4.2 update list?
12. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It would be nice if HTC just skipped to 4.2 for all their upgrades (not that it's much of an upgrade over 4.1). Here's hoping I can be using Google Now on my Jewel soon!
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
If others don't receive JB, there's XDA Devas where you can download the ROM with 0 bloatware and still able to run on 512Mb of Ram. Root it, good luck™®©
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Att version? I just got it hehehe :p (international)
9. blingblingthing (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I have a US version running it right now. Very stable, no reboots, very fast.
Nocturnal'd dirty ROM.
10. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Htc havent said a single thing about their 2011 phones this year almost as if they just want to forget about them. Such a shame.
11. joseg81 (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
they always forget their devices. right now they're busy promoting the x8. pretty soon they'll forget it when the m7 gets outed.
13. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Desire X didn't even get any update. wth
32. blingblingthing (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I am sure there is something available for you on xda developers. I am not sure why people prefer HTC jelly bean over vanilla android custom ROMs
33. Leo_MC (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Because of Sense UI.
For me, at least, any other UI is bad and vanilla android is the worst.
But that's just me.
14. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The next important question is when will the update happen.
15. dorianb (Posts: 334; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If you have the DInc 4G/VZW then sometime after the 31st of NEVER!!!!
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
This is when I feel so blessed for not getting a contracted phone.
26. Sailingmaster (Posts: 24; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Actually, it has nothing to do with getting your phone on contract. It has everything to do with Verizon Wireless being a paranoid bag of d**ks.
28. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
No it actually does, when you get a phone from the carrier, this is what you have to go through. I got an international One X, I get updates whenever everyone else outside the country does... Which means earlier than those who got their's from carriers in the states. Don't blame Verizon only, every one of the carriers are like that.
31. Sailingmaster (Posts: 24; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
VZW doesn't care if you buy your phone with or without a contract. The phone will still have the same software version and restrictions.
34. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
When you buy a phone to use on VZW, the phone is still being branded as VZW, you can't take it anywhere else. Same if you get a branded phone from T-Mobile, AT&T or Sprint. The phone updates are released to specific CIDs at a time and the carrier branded phones all have different CIDs than their international brothers. I guess I should of worded it carrier branded, not contracted.
16. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
As much as I love my evo 4g lte my next upgrade will be the s4 HTC use to be the phone to get for timely update but after the original evo it's been down hill for htc
18. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What exactly has been going "down hill"? I have owned or at least tested every EVO since the OG and I love my LTE the most
22. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Like I said I love the evo lte but I just upgrade from my evo 3d which was the worse experience I have had with a phone but after experiencing the evo lte I'm back in love with HTC but the only problem I have with HTC is timely update. I have been using the evo line even since I left the I phone 3g I just think Samsung is doing a better overall job than HTC right now
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I guess my 3d is stuck on ics. I'm glad I didn't buy an amaze when I had the chance. The amaze and 3d are more than capable. Oh well I have 4.1.1 on my s3 and 4.2.1on my n7.
19. hameed1989 (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
one x+ deserved the jelly bean...a high end device with ICS doesn't look good...
cant wait to see how the camera app improves for jelly bean
y isnt the release date of updates leaked...booo hooo
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The One X+ has Jelly Bean. They were referencing 4.2 when talking about the One X+, while the rest is 4.1.
23. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Hmmm So my phone (droid incredible 4g lte) is also known as the Htc "fireball"? nice! lol
24. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
HTC is notoriously bad with ANdroid updates. They always have a slew of devices that never see an update at all. Its one of the reasons that HTC has fallen so far and is still losing ground.
29. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
HTC really isn't that bad. Sony was really bad before... I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Xperia X10, I seriously thought about getting that phone bfore, the phone was pretty much dead on arrival. HTC during that time was still updating their devices to GB.
25. molanjames (Posts: 61; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
they said on July already that jelly bean is coming out for hts one s but where is it ffs? when exacly??
27. Leo_MC (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
That means "Good Bye, Android!" for me.
Because I don't like Google's UI (nor Samsung and LG phones), I won't buy a Nexus.
35. vanessaelizebeth (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
I have the HTC_032, but i still havent got the update! Can anyone help?