HTC 8XT breaks cover, arrives to Sprint with BoomSound and Windows Phone
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2013, 09:48 posted on
The HTC 8XT has just been officially announced and it brings HTC’s outstanding BoomSound technology to Windows Phone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Windows phone support snapdragon 400?
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5280; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, Windows Phone will run smooth no matter what Snapdragon it has, it won't lag like S-Lag. Don't worry.
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone supports all Snapdragons, and choice depends the limit Microsoft puts (up to duo core), which this limit will be removed late this year. In quad cores im sure OEMs are free to use Snapdragon S4 or 600 or 800.
13. tadaa (Posts: 236; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
now i expect nokia to unveil the eos with at least snapdragon 600
24. wumberpeb (Posts: 426; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
The 2yr old HTC Arrive had a single core Qualcomm and ran buttery smooth, I don't think it matters much
2. MrKoles (Posts: 307; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
How could they produce so an ugly phone like this?!
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Here I come HTC!!
5. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Okay, Sprint wanted to give WP8 another chance by giving us this? At least the Samsung Ativ S Neo will be a suitable device.
6. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 96; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ativ S Neo, I thought the Odyssey was supposed to come to Sprint.
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 810; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
That is one great looking phone :) nice one Htc. Pity about the S400 CPU and tiny 4.3inch display.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2146; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
How can this be considered a successor to the 8X when it has a lower screen resolution? The 8X is HD. This should definitely be called the 8ST because it looks just like the 8S & the specs are more in line with a variant of that device.
10. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Yeah probably thats what they should have written. When I see this device I think more about 8S rather than the 8X. Like an 8S variant.
22. Landmarkcm (Posts: 420; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Camera & sound on this is way better then the 8s! Heck the Radar is better then the 8s. I would consider this as a replacement over Radar . Only thing im hesitant abt is Sprints network.
11. Dastrix (Posts: 579; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
It looks like an 8X/8S hybrid both on the outside and inside, and that's a good thing. It's beautiful. Noting the absence of speakers, BoomSound may have been combined with the microphone. Looking forward to a review!! Bring it on HTC!!!!
17. a_merryman (Posts: 644; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
So....I've been waiting for WP8 to arrive on sprint, and this is the crap they give me.....
At least it looks nice
18. Landmarkcm (Posts: 420; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
From Htc site Add volume to your everyday life with the first Windows Phone with BoomSound™. Take great pictures day or night with a low light camera featuring back-side illumination and f2.0 lens. All built in a smartphone designed to fit your hand and your world. This I would consider. IM just going back to a radar with 7.8 because its camera is better then the 8s that followed it. The lower light and BSI they use really make a difference.http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-8xt/
19. Landmarkcm (Posts: 420; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Why do these sites have to put things like the hardware is nothing to brag about! Why because it doesnt have a 5 inch screen! Give me a break . The Radar is still one of the best wp from HTC . Ive used several WP . The camera on the Radar takes better shots then Lumia 810. & is better then the 620 in some regards im returning and is better then it's newer model the 8s that came after. Point being HTC can put out some good hardware. I like that there not bricks like the Nokias.
20. papss (unregistered)
Ewwww that is a terrible showing by sprint.. They will never get people to come over to WP with this
21. Landmarkcm (Posts: 420; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Lol what so terrible abt it? The only thing I would be hesitating on is switching from Tmobiles network & back to Sprint
23. lilg29 (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I was actually rather dissapointed when i saw this, I was expecting better specs but hey i guess sprint is settling down.
25. PorkyBurger (Posts: 212; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I'll hope there is going to be a model, without those accents, like pure black or pure white. I like the specs of this phone, really, but I don't the colorful accents, and childish colours. :(
26. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2532; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nokia is giving much better colors and even will give this color too.