HTC 8X to be launched Friday by AT&T, starting at $99.99 with a two-year pact
Of course, what is good news without a cloud here and there trying to rain on your parade. It seems that the only one of the three SKU's to actually be in stock tomorrow is the 8GB version of the HTC 8X in blue. The other two models can still be ordered Friday, but are not expected to ship until next week.
AT&T's exclusive Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 powered model is expected to launch this Sunday.
7. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
There is a capacity difference, hence the price difference. HTC seems to be borrowing apple's pricing strategy.
2. papss (Posts: 2171; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
L920 rapes this phone in price per feature, still a good phone but not the best option
3. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Ok, I admit it! I ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 on ATT despite my displeasure with the exclusive deal. I've sinned against my own self! Oh so sweet the deal; $99 and free wireless charger. Now i have to cancel my tmo account. Damb you ATT! Damb you Nokia! Damb you all ta hell!
5. rsiders (Posts: 190; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Ha ha I'm a T-Mobile customer and I know where you are coming from. I know.
11. nuklear (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Dude, Same story here!
I bet the strategy of luring people in with such devices is working.
I hope the others learn from it; And i get the benefit!
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I will be buying, the lumina 920, off contract :-)
6. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Lumia. 5 letters. Lumina is a POS car from the 90's. Remember that if you're buying in the U S. it is almost certainly locked to AT&T
15. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Haha yea,, true,, point taken... and yea im aware of that, im on AT&T, I just I hope I can use wireless tethering (hotspot)
12. tlsmithsr (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
People are really going to buy a windows phone?
13. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, 12-15 will buy at launch, and 9 will return within the first 14 days.
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I have android, and used iphones , in the past,, I want something different. :-)
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I quite like android, but I'm very much open to any new and promising mobile OS.. And I'm excited to use WP8.. So I'm sure there are people out there who WILL buy windows phone..
14. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Can't wait to get my 8X! I got it for free from HTC, so I guess all the pros and cons don't matter to me.. It's still a free phone, unlocked! But I have to say that the $199 price point is too steep especially if looking at the Lumia 920, which has a better screen/camera/storage/features, selling for $99 with FREE wireless charger..
17. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Why PA support htc?.......PA say's htc 8x launch att this friday....why PA not support nokia? Why why why?
19. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Why pa say htc 8x buy att $99 ?all know its $199.i think pa is anti nokian site.