HTC 8X, 8S and 8V to be the company's eventual Windows Phone 8 portfolio
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2012, 03:22 posted on
HTC might start matching the naming scheme of its upcoming Windows Phone 8 portfolio with the one it utilizes now for its Android handsets, which was started this year with the One series...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow i like it... high end, mid range and low end!!
they beat nokia releasing a low end!!!
7. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
sadly you're so right on that. all we have are rumors of a low-end to be released early next year. smh what really happened with Nokia
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
nokia lost its game in low end... kinda piss off with nokia lately... im even a huge nokia fan! they should release or announce low end WP8 devices! or else HTC will get the crown!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I knew it!! That 8x will not have microSD support because it want to compromise with that unibody plastic!!!
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
8 megapixel. In Asian countries they say 800 million pixels instead of 8 mega pixels.
12. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
1 million pixels is 1 megapixel. Anyways that's been corrected in the article.
6. moanismk (unregistered)
soooooooo, its pretty much the htc one series + WP8, just replacing the one with 8 to appear "cool", i love htc, but this is a bit corny........
8. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
technically samsung is doing the samething
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung did the same thing. The Ativ S is just a Galaxy S 3 + WP8, just replacing Galaxy with Ativ.
11. moanismk (unregistered)
you're both right......
its easier than making EACH AND EVERY PHONE with a unique name, but its starting to be too much now.......
14. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I feel WP8 shouldnt have to be androids rehashed as wp8. I mean why does wp8 have to get the short end of the stick?
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because it's only a new OS. No one knows if it's gonna be successful or not, so no one wants to go all in on something that might fail. Nokia seems to be takin it seriously though.
9. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Thought rumor is Zenith aka 8x will have quad core processor.
17. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Yeah, I read that too, when is aw this i was pretty disappointed because i was hopping for the Quad Core S4 pro with the Adreno 320 GPU in a WP8 phone
13. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Hopefully HTC ca pull it off. They have some steep competition.
15. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
uglyyyy....don't like the design
16. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
For god sake Micro SD on High end model please!
20. cdgoin (Posts: 497; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
WHEN will a WP8 with a QWERTY Keyboard show up..? Until it does.. Im stuck with my DVP or possibly the BB10 phones. I have huge hands and can not use the screen to type.. I need by QWERTY keyboard. Even more so the smaller one. I know it wounds counter-intuitive. But small raised keys are easier and faster for my thumbs to navigate than the larger landscape keyboards. I don't know why MS, HTC, Samsung, or Nokia don't make one for launch.