HSUPA enabling update for the Motorola ATRIX 4G is starting roll out
0. phoneArena posted on 03 May 2011, 16:04
Well, the day is finally here as the v4.1.83 software update is finally available for the taking – thus giving owners that much needed boost in speed performance. Aside from turning on HSUPA for the ATRIX 4G, there are...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nacixem posted on 03 May 2011, 17:29 0 0
nice...just downloaded, let see what speeds i can get here in texas.
2. aztecalista (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 17:37 0 0
Well I've just downloaded on my atrix over here in los angeles zip code 90022 . I just did a speed test right now I got 6.34 mbps up and 4.34 mbps down with 3 bars of hspa+ .. is alrite still not as fast as my friends g2x on t-mobile he also just did a speed test right I saw it with my own eyes he got 11.22 mbps up and 9.21 mbps down with full bars and a 4g icon.
3. deadinside (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 18:32 0 0
Ok just downloaded the updated..using Speedtest before the update 620kbps download...65kbps upload...273ms ping..after the download 1176 kbps download...151kbps upload...238ms
7. InspectorGadget80 posted on 03 May 2011, 20:35 0 0
Well IT LOOKS LIKE i finally got my update 9:34 PM est time so i'll will do a speed test to see how fast my 4G speed is in my area if it is i mean
9. cj (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 02:31 0 0
i went to the settings menu and can't figure out how to do the manual update. anyone have more details?
10. deadinside (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 08:44 0 0
go to settings then about phone and click on system update
11. carlos (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 14:22 0 0
Um I did the manual steps since I haven't gotten any notifications and it says that check for update is not available or it takes like 5 minutes looking for updates in wifi
12. obnoxious9162775 posted on 04 May 2011, 18:26 0 0
I got my update yesterday, runs great. Good improvement with upload speeds, but download is still not fast enough. I know it will be eventually when ATT gets their towers doing what they are supposed to doing. Did notice a significant longer battery life as well. So overall, I am pleased with the update, now I am waiting for Gingerbread. Come on Moto, get the ball rolling.