HP wants to release a smartphone within 5 years
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2012, 04:09 posted on
HP has no plans to launch a smartphone anytime soon. Rather, the company will release a handset of its own within 5 years. By doing so, HP wants to offer personal computing devices of all kinds...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
5 years, oh holy crap
5. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
It is plenty of time perfecting a new mobile OS. The future is quite bright.
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
For me mentioning hp makes me think of large servers, desktop PCs and laptops. It will take some time for them to build customers' trust in mobile segment such as smartphones and tablets. At current time that's like jumping into a pond full of alligators. There was an era when hp had its own ipaq line of phones, but I missed it because I was too young (and poor) to try it.
4. bubbadoes (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I wanna work at Google plex also. We can all dream
6. tokuzumi (Posts: 235; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
HP can't be serious about taking 5 years to build a smartphone. This has to be more related to OS development, as it takes awhile to make a mature smartphone OS.
7. Zero0 (Posts: 571; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
5 years? I expect products like Google Glass to begin taking over before that. Smartphones won't be around for much longer.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wish webOS will be the platform that is a competition of android in terms of open source! and webOS has higher standards than android being linux 3.3 while android is still at 3.1...
9. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Are they in their right heads? Seriously! 5 years is little, no it is way too long in a market where changes happen in every 5 months or 6.