HP Veer 4G Unboxing
0. phoneArena posted on 10 May 2011, 19:08
Holding it for the first time, we’re utterly mesmerized by how wickedly compact it is versus most smartphones nowadays. Comparing it to the original Palm Pre, it clearly evident that it's much smaller than its forefather...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. monstermash1234 (unregistered) posted on 10 May 2011, 19:59 4 0
Stinks that the 3.5mm headset jack wasn't integrated. Phone looks great otherwise.
14. frustyak posted on 11 May 2011, 07:05 1 1
It is black. The phone has both a white and black version.
16. Lucas777 posted on 11 May 2011, 18:19 1 0
where do u see that
12. ssjassassin posted on 11 May 2011, 04:35 1 0
I think i use my 3.5mm jack maybe a few times a month at most. It is great that the product is filling a void in the market though! I love WebOS, it is truly an amazing mobile software.
2. PGSman (unregistered) posted on 10 May 2011, 20:00 3 1
Seems like a nice phone. However, that headphones adapter is a dealbreaker for me. I've dealt with SE proprietary adapters in the past and it's really annoying, to say the least.
3. grams17 (unregistered) posted on 10 May 2011, 20:12 1 1
Totally agree with PGS
4. palmfan48 (unregistered) posted on 10 May 2011, 20:28 2 1
Did anyone notice that the wall adapter for the USB cable still says PALM? Funny it isn't on anything else. Sad to see it go :(
9. Gawain posted on 10 May 2011, 22:09 0 0
Saw that too. Must have had a lot of extra parts...
6. Gawain posted on 10 May 2011, 20:53 0 0
PhoneArena/John et al: When you're testing it, can you double check the performance of the IM client, specifically with Yahoo! IM, and Google Chat? The Y! IM hasn't historically worked with webOS and I'd like to see if they've ironed it out with webOS 2.1.x....Thanks!!
11. jovel16 posted on 10 May 2011, 22:52 1 0
logged into yahoo I'M and instantly bombarded with IMs from spam bots, so I suppose it works. Logged into google, but contacts don't load.
15. Gawain posted on 11 May 2011, 10:15 0 0
That's the kind of inconsistency I was getting, even worse on my Pre2. Google Chat worked fine, Yahoo! IM didn't work at all. Skype IM worked flawlessly. Thanks for checking though. If you remember, share your impressions about that. Cheers.
7. CRICKETownz posted on 10 May 2011, 21:18 0 0
Its unfortunate that the Veer doesn't stray away from the original Palm Pre-ish look. Why is webOs plagued/limited to this mini keyboard slider style? I thought HP would offer more variations of form factors but i guess i am sadly mistaken. WebOS is a great software dwarfed by a terrible design. Next...
10. snowgator posted on 10 May 2011, 22:52 0 0
You gotta figure HP will branch out and compete against the side-sliders and full touch screens of the world sooner rather then later. I don't see a problem with kicking things off with the Palm style phones, but HP will not become a major player just with those devices. I still think they are more worried about the Tablet they got coming out, and seem content to work on the handsets next. Seems really backwards to me, the Tablet market hasn't really taken off yet and smartphones continue to grow. But, it does seem to be that way with 'em. Still hoping for success for HP- I really have enjoyed playing with the WebOS. Much better option then W7, and more potential then RIM at this point. (In my humble, unimportant opinion.)
13. vishu9 posted on 11 May 2011, 05:25 1 0
white frame?!! wtf..has HP decided not to make phones for GUYS anymore!!?
17. kegjune (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 01:12 0 0
Terribly ugly, thick and cramped screen--is this what HP has learned that consumers want? WebOS is doomed thanks to the ugliest hardware of any line of smartphones.
18. paul oberman (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 22:04 0 0
Let the fail wash over you!!!
19. Joshbs (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2011, 04:12 0 0
I have been anxiously waiting for some company to make a smartphone this small, but the phone doesn't have the best look and the fact you cant put a micro SD in it or the headphone jack's wired exterior factor killed it for me. Does anybody know of another phone that is similar to the veer4 in its size and features that is coming up soon?