HP TouchPad reduced to as low as $99.99 starting tomorrow
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:09
With HP out of the webOS hardware game, dramatic price reduction of the TouchPad tablet has started with the 16GB model reduced $300 to $99.99 and the 32GB version cut by $350 to $149.99; ironically, television ads still push the 16GB model for $399.99...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sniggly posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:30 6 0
s**t. I think I may need to pick one up now, maybe keep it in the box as a collectors item.
5. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:41 4 0
I'm with you Sniggly, I am picking one up! I had to return my Xoom because 600 dollars is too much but 99 dollars? Fine with me! =P
18. HTCiscool posted on 20 Aug 2011, 00:46 3 0
Damn ill get one and give it to my dad or brother for Christmas.I'm awaiting the HTC Puccini.
20. CX3NT3_713 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 01:13 0 0
Who's gonna be selling them at this price? Walmart?? Lol & chit I might go get one? If they can hack it, and put honeycomb OS on it :)
27. The_Miz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 03:45 1 9
Shut up, it's not like that.
28. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 20 Aug 2011, 03:55 1 0
But it is. I get it, you like the miz and power to ya for it but two out of the three display pics you have had has him half naked. Your other one was acceptable but this is just too much.
37. Sniggly posted on 20 Aug 2011, 08:00 6 1
No, see, Rory, Miz already explained it to me. He boasted of having a girlfriend to bone in response to the observation that the mentally handicapped give him boners. Nobody has ever lied about having girlfriends on the internet before, so he MUST be telling the truth here. ;)
50. The_Miz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 13:21 0 1
Like Motorola does to you, cowboy?
52. Sniggly posted on 20 Aug 2011, 15:25 0 0
I like turtles
48. The_Miz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 13:20 0 5
Dude, it's wrestling. Get over it.
53. Sniggly posted on 20 Aug 2011, 15:48 2 1
Wrestling: half-sorry, mostly- naked, sweaty, muscular men grappling in front of crowds of thousands, thrusting, grunting, often spooning, with demands to submit...
Yep, totally not g@y.
You know, if that's the way you swing, great. One of my very good girl friends, who was married and living in Louisiana, just came out as a lesbian. I don't see her any different...except cuter, maybe. We'll all like you about the same whether you're ga.y or not. :)
61. The_Miz posted on 21 Aug 2011, 14:59 0 0
So is MMA. What's your point?
I am sorry to disappoint you Sniggles, but I am not g.ay. Please try and understand.
32. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2011, 07:28 6 0
no its totally like that miz.. if you came out of the closet you wouldnt be such an ass.... or maybe u would.
49. The_Miz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 13:21 1 1
You mean Sniggles, right?
39. Thump3rDX17 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 08:50 0 0
it sure looks like it's like that. xD
54. mannyfs posted on 20 Aug 2011, 18:03 1 0
i like turtles! too
55. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2011, 18:31 0 0
i dont like turtles.. they taste to gelatin-y and they are kinda greasy even when grilled. I'd rather eat alligator. Its kinda like chicken-lite with a ever so slight gamey reptile taste.
58. Sniggly posted on 20 Aug 2011, 19:56 0 0
Thelastholdout@gmail.com for an explanation.
59. PeterIfromsweden posted on 21 Aug 2011, 05:23 0 0
What about turtles ????
33. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2011, 07:29 1 1
imma give it 2 more weeks and see if it drops to 20 bux.. lol.
if they can hack a decent version of android/honeycomb on to that.. that would be a hella killer deal right there.
60. Soulmanager11 posted on 21 Aug 2011, 09:37 0 0
I already did. It was a scramble but I did it. Still my Atrix it's still better than the Touchpad.
2. CX3NT3_713 posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:33 5 1
Wow!!! But why would you wanna buy a dead OS, no support no apps? And too bad those who bought this at full retail price, lol
13. iankellogg posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:40 1 0
don't put it past people to try to put android on this or something
34. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2011, 07:30 1 0
well, if u use it mostly for web browsing and media while your own road trips, it will still be great. heckuvalot cheaper than a portable DVD player.. and it has a huge screen!! :)
41. protozeloz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 08:55 0 0
YEP XDA(among others) is already on it =)
44. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2011, 10:41 0 0
since it uses a similar hardware set up, it cant be thaaaaat hard.. lol
4. Pdubb posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:40 2 0
Running out and getting me one maybe even two. I can see what the fuss over tablets is all about for $100 and feel ok about it. I don't need any apps just email and web lol! Great job HP!!
6. daniel_bargs posted on 19 Aug 2011, 22:53 1 0
wow $99? can you put android in this crapOS device? if so.... i will buy it! hahaha. Modding community please do something to revive this touchpad with android
7. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:07 2 4
lol android? you might as well just buy one and bust it over your knee, you will get the same experience.
15. Sniggly posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:58 4 2
You know, I don't think I miss you after all. Over a year of posting here and you have yet to say a single thing of value.
Even Taco has a better track record than you.
17. vvelez5 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 00:26 1 0
"OOOHO!! its funny because Taco makes no sense either"
22. The_Miz posted on 20 Aug 2011, 01:18 4 5
Whoa there kiddo, let's not spew random bs. webOS is 10x better than Crapdroid. It just had lackluster hardware. Android is so buggy that's it impossible to do anything on it without forcing a close.
8. GeckoHA559 posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:16 0 0
Lol, I wanted to comment on an HP article here on Phonesarena a couple weeks ago that all latest HP product price will dropping by at least 25% before the end of the month at which they were all launched, but decided not to incase they proove me wrong.
So much hype form HP that went something like 'think small,think big' or something and in the end nothing that can stand for over a couple of months in the market without a price drop.
The worst thing is they've gotten rid of the Palm brand along with webOS it seems now.
10. ArmageddonX posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:22 1 0
It is sad... but this is the consequence of not listening to your customers. People tried to tell Palm/HP what to do to be successful and they lied & mistreated their most loyal customers. The final slap in the face to the most loyal webOS supporters is that most of the early adopters of the TouchPad, Veer, Pre2, & Pre3 will all be stuck with unsupported devices. So, HP/Palm, how are you going to make up for the lies you told legacy device owners about webOS2.0? I guess you're not. You know what happens when you lie to your most loyal customers? They stop buying & supporting your products. It might be sad, but they did this to themselves. In the beginning webOS had just as much of a chance to be successful as Android but thanks to decisions, lies, & business practices of Palm & HP it'll be a footnote in technology history. I'm proud to say; I told you so.
14. got a MOMENT (unregistered) posted on 19 Aug 2011, 23:47 0 0
Will all major retailer like best buy or walmart have them for 100 bucs. i am so getting one tommoroww before they run out. But the question is were can i buy one
16. bossmt_2 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 00:22 0 0
It's freaking tempting. App support is gonna be gone, but 100 bucks for a web browsing tablet is awesome.
19. drodriguezsd posted on 20 Aug 2011, 00:53 0 0
I'm ordering online. From HP I've heard the new price is effective at 7 A.M. EST. Anyone else heard of a time? If it's not available then I'll probably go to Bestbuy tomorrow morning right when they open.
23. clevername posted on 20 Aug 2011, 01:48 0 0
definitely worth a buy, just for a tablet at a hundred buck. hell i can find crappy andriod 2.1 tablets with 7" resistive touchscreens and no access to the android market for the same price and higher. a fullfledged mobile os, even if its a little laggy is worth 100 bucks. and its even got prety capable hardware. i'll definitely pick one up inn the morning, if only to complete my portfolio of mobile devices.
25. anubis13k (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 02:19 0 0
I purchased 5 Hp touchpads for family and friends at regular price of 399.99 intentionally. Going back to bestbuy to get price adjusted once it lowers to 99.99. Too bad my local bestbuy placed a limit, one per customer when I went back to buy more.
26. AlwaysHonorLegacy (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 02:59 0 0
Now if it only can sync up to my old palm desktop I'd buy out the entire inventory
29. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 20 Aug 2011, 05:01 0 0
WOW, looks like its already freaking sold out.
30. mannyfs posted on 20 Aug 2011, 05:24 1 0
cool! maybe now that everyone is grabbing one some people will start getting apps done and it will finally be worth something, in my opinion it just needs apps more than anything
31. PeterIfromsweden posted on 20 Aug 2011, 06:18 0 0
Maybe HP sees the success of the low pricing and start making WebOS tablets again ?
42. Sniggly posted on 20 Aug 2011, 09:08 0 0
If HP is stupid enough to sell off their entire computer division, which is a huge chunk of their business, then they probably won't have that kind of light bulb go off in their head.
35. jaygarrett1976 (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 07:44 0 0
Just checked our inventory at bestbuy, apparently its only for Canada. WTF?
38. rahul nair (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 08:39 0 0
Can anyone tell me is this availiable in India..?? Please please,my id rahul.p.nair4[at]gmail.com
43. Pochi (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 10:33 0 0
Wow i check Best Buy, Office Depot, Target, and Staples and none of them had it. Radioshack still has it for orig price smh.
45. Immolate posted on 20 Aug 2011, 11:13 0 0
Yup, I've been all over the web and the only place I could find that would still allow you to place an order on the 32G model is Micro Center. I ordered two and I'm waiting for my confirmation letter before I believe I'm actually going to get one.www.microcenter.com
good luck to you
46. HTCiscool posted on 20 Aug 2011, 12:07 1 0
Chances are, it might actually rise to around $200 if retailers see a surge of interest. Even for $300 bucks you can't go wrong. I just can't believe a high-end, dual-core powered, WebOS toting tablet can be going for as low as 100 bucks.
47. Thump3rDX17 posted on 20 Aug 2011, 13:10 0 0
i was going to get a couple myself today but everybody in town has beaten me to em. o:
51. AMAZON (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 13:31 0 0
where is it?
which store sell?
I want to buy all in the store!
56. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 20 Aug 2011, 18:42 1 1
just got mine a couple hours ago, I lucked out because it was the last one. Its really nice for 104 dollars lol
62. The_Miz posted on 21 Aug 2011, 15:01 1 0
I'm such an ass I went to the nearest store and bought 4 of them since I am The Miz and I'm AWESOME. Now I have 4 and that means four people won't get one lol.