HP TouchPad gets permanent price drop
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Aug 2011, 16:17
The HP TouchPad hasn’t seen much success which has led to several sales and price cuts at retailers everywhere, but now HP has dropped the price of their WebOS tablet permanently for both the 16GB and 32GB models…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArmageddonX posted on 10 Aug 2011, 16:28 0
.... and so began the second slow death of WebOS.
2. downphoenix posted on 10 Aug 2011, 16:31 0
still on the fence with the Touchpad. I love HP products, but I was personally more impressed with the Samsung Galaxy Tab's performance whenever I was playing with the tablets at Officemax.
6. OriginalPreGuy (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 19:20 0
OfficeMax is still in business? I would have thought Staples would have bought them up already... Staples Mkt. Cap 8.91 Billion, Office Depot 728 Million, OfficeMax 467Million... that was easy.
3. pete7625 (banned) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 17:37 0
There are so many great tablets out there, who would buy this?
4. JeffdaBeat posted on 10 Aug 2011, 17:57 0
I just don't understand why they can't sell this thing for $200 to $300. Your profit margin won't be as high...but you'll make something.
5. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 19:12 1
Lol why would want a WebOS tablet when there's the infinitely better iPad?
8. JDKrazer (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 20:15 2
let me guess...you own every product apple has put out and would even buy a rock if they called it Iphone or Ipad
12. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 21:48 0
That rock would last longer than any crap HP could ever put out.
9. DontHateOnS60 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 20:18 0
How about Flash for starters. For someone who just wants something to browse the web, do email, and watch movies they loaded onto it, it's perfect.
13. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 21:49 0
LOL flash is overrated and causes more problems than anything.
10. Rize (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 20:31 3
If you buy an iPad for $500 it means that you buy the apple logo for $400 and the hardware for $100. Congrats dude
7. oddmanout posted on 10 Aug 2011, 20:05 1
I saw this happening sooner or later. They pretty much just slap on apple's pricing and expect people to buy their product instead of apple's with no good reason. You can advertise all you want, but people aren't going to buy what can't compete. You gotta give people a reason to buy over apple.
14. HTCiscool posted on 11 Aug 2011, 02:58 2
Thats quite reasonable, I might pick up the 4G 16gb version