Gruber: All the leaks pertaining to iOS 7 are wrong; new OS build is "polarizing"
0. phoneArena 09 Jun 2013, 21:46 posted on
Not every one is expecting iOS 7 to be a flat, gloss-free UI when it is introduced Monday at WWDC; according to John Gruber, a journalist normally plugged into the Apple scene, the insiders at Cupertino that he normally talks with are telling him that all of the leaks about iOS 7 are wrong. Another word that he keeps hearing from his connections is "polarizing"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fjftokyo (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I wonder what Apple will be copying from Google this time.
2. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Apple prefers the word "borrowing"
18. fjftokyo (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
The word that apple really prefers is "revolutionary"
24. yingcong6 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
You are wrong, Apple actually prefers the word " lawsuit"
3. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Doesn't matter, they'll call it ''innovation''
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
iphone arena will back up anything apple does even if its stolen. Once they make a phablet they will say apple invented that to
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 11967; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then why do you even bother with iphonearena? Other sites exist
17. volcano (Posts: 256; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its more like what apple will copy from windows phone according to rumors
19. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
stolen design from WP, features stolen from Android
but still in a very limited way
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 11967; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Getting ready for an exciting day tomorrow. My sons first dunk contest "summer dunkoff", babysitting my 5 year old niece, who insists on rubbing the cat backwards which drives him nuts, Monday night baseball, and WWDC. Let the festivities begin.
22. Leica_Shooter (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I see what you did there lol
12. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1244; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Not getting my hopes up. Apple could release a skin job and people will buy it up just because. I don't expect a whole lot of increased functionality but I would like to be proved wrong tomorrow. There needs to be strong competition because if Apple does not come hard than why should Google worry. This is why Android is getting 4.3 instead of 5; Google is not scared of Apple anymore because Android matches/exceeds iOS. It's time for Apple to man up!!!
I actually believe that Google works better coming from behind. Just look at how stagnant Apple has become over the years as proof.
16. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Hey dark Since your in las Vegas( I believe) which team you follow? Also what are you hoping to see in ios7?
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 11967; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Some improvements to notifications, quick settings, I'd like to see smaller icons that reveal more background. A new way to see live info that's not a widget, I'd love to see them copy android and get an app drawer lol. Androids really pushed the envelope, so I think we'll see a lot of android inspired things, just do it in an intuitive way. Can't reinvent the wheel, just put your own "spin on it" ya know. Team wise die hard Yankees fan except for A-Rod.
27. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Have fun gleefully looking for what features your OS of choice might get, after many years of being on the market!
8. mi55u (unregistered)
same old polarized? heck yeah!!
9. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1244; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It's time for the media to shut up and wait. We will find out soon enough.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 11967; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx bro, just a normal guy who loves tech. +1
21. dickwyn (Posts: 596; Member since: 07 May 2012)
28. ddeath (Posts: 163; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Did he really wanted to say "patronising" instead?