Great Android smartphones for gaming
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Mar 2013, 10:54
With an assortment of different brands, models, and operating systems on the market, choosing the perfect smartphone can truly be a challenge. While some devices excel in the camera department, and others boast impressive office tools, very few shine in the arena of gaming. Beautiful graphics, fast processing speeds, and broad game selections are key requirements for any individual interested in turning their mobile phone into a portable game station...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. scriptwriter posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:03 5 0
I know the galaxy nexus is approaching its second birthday, but its just as good as the S3 for gaming if not better cos of a lack of samsung bloatware slowing everything down. For that matter, any nexus device is awesome for gaming because of a lack of bloatware.
5. nobelset posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:10 1 0
I changed my rom from the stock version to cyanogenmod 10.1 and the stock Android version is no different in terms of responsiveness, I find touch wiz even better than it. For gaming, there is absolutely no difference. But I still like stock, makes you look cool xD
12. darac posted on 15 Mar 2013, 12:05 0 2
The S3 wins big time.
Larger and better screen, faster processor and a GPU a league ahead of the old SGX in the GNex
16. nobelset posted on 15 Mar 2013, 12:09 0 0
I think I didn't make my comment clear, I'm talking about the s3
37. jsdechavez posted on 18 Mar 2013, 00:16 0 0
Gaming is just fancy on a phone with no real gaming keys, no matter the raw power. XPERIA play is king in this department.
6. nobelset posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:13 3 0
Good point! Even phone arena has forgotten about it being in the top android phones this year.
27. tiara6918 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 19:05 1 0
Don't forget play station mobile which is currently exclusive in some Sony and HTC devices
14. darac posted on 15 Mar 2013, 12:07 6 0
Note 2 + gameklip + ps3 controller = unbeatable
25. jellmoo posted on 15 Mar 2013, 18:27 0 2
A nice idea, but the article is about smartphones and not tablets.
10. CaptainXperia posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:42 4 1
what's even better is u can enjoy gaming on the xpera z even in a bathtub withiout the fear of any water damage... lol.. still all 3 are good...
15. _PHug_ posted on 15 Mar 2013, 12:08 1 1
yeah because guys play games on their smartphones while they take bubble baths everyday.
11. darac posted on 15 Mar 2013, 12:03 0 0
I'm yet to encounter a game that has issues on my Galaxy S3, and I've played all the heaviest titles.
Yet the Google Play is full of comments about bad game optimization, freezes, lags and stutters from owners of Nexus 7, HTC One x etc.
24. Zero0 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 17:49 1 0
As opposed to how many iPhones?
Not to mention that this list leaves out several really strong devices, including the Droid DNA and Nexus 4.
32. Jonathan41 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 04:03 0 0
Right! I don't know why they only put three on the list ether because, there are lost more. Thanks for pointing that out.
19. KingKurogiii posted on 15 Mar 2013, 13:10 1 0
i agree with the Xperia Z, even about it being the first choice but i don't agree with the SIII and the One X. both of their GPU's are inferior to the Adreno 320 used in the Droid DNA, the Optimus G and the Nexus 4.
20. Xtrifer posted on 15 Mar 2013, 13:13 0 0
What About Optims G pro, Optimus G and Lg Optimus 4x with Tegra 3, I play hardcore with those
21. KingKurogiii posted on 15 Mar 2013, 13:19 0 0
the Optimus G uses the S4 Pro, not the Tegra III...
35. Xtrifer posted on 16 Mar 2013, 21:06 0 0
I meant the 4x bro, i now both G's sport Snapdragon (S4 and 600)
36. KingKurogiii posted on 16 Mar 2013, 21:23 0 0
you said the Optimus G Pro, Optimus G and Optimus 4X................
22. Zero0 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 14:56 8 0
No Droid DNA? It's pretty powerful and has a screen matching any of the ones already up there.
23. themasos posted on 15 Mar 2013, 16:37 1 0
The DNA (1080p 5"-Quadcore)is actually better than both the S3 and the One X. I am surprised as well the DNA did not make the list.
28. ojdidit84 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 20:28 0 0
DNA is amazing for gaming. The only thing is that if you want anything from EA, they haven't made their games compatible with HTC's newer devices despite the many people in the review comments asking for EA to support the phones. Other than that, games are awesome on it.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 15 Mar 2013, 21:28 0 0
yeah, it's 1080p display does cause incompatibility with quite a few apps on the Play Store. i guess really the Nexus 4 and the Optimus G would be better than the DNA in regards to playing games.
26. davin8r posted on 15 Mar 2013, 18:50 0 0
Indeed......the Droid DNA is the gaming top dog of currently available phones. Whoever made the list made a major error in leaving it out.
30. Samsomesh posted on 15 Mar 2013, 20:40 0 0
Is there any good mid range phone for gaming...
33. TeritorialDemon posted on 16 Mar 2013, 06:35 0 2
If you want to play games then do it the old fashion way! I can top you all.....READY?
XBOX 360, comfy chair, soda, snack, a good size TV (user preference)
Learn something new everyday don't you?
34. KingKurogiii posted on 16 Mar 2013, 13:03 0 0
don't let a hardcore PC gamer hear you say that or a Hunter... xD