Gorilla Glass 2 to be in devices starting April or May
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Were any phones at mwc announced to have gg2 Michael?
2. nickjjay (Posts: 79; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Dear Michael Heller,
your articals are so thought provoking and clever. I want a bigger battery and dont care about thin beyond a certain point like you. Point well made.
14. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
no i guess, based on the article and corning's announcement back then.. but, thickness by thickness, it will still be sturdier, since GG2 is 20% thinner, but at the same strength..
4. galanoth (Posts: 423; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Hopefully they'll put Gorilla Glass 2 in the Samsung Galaxy S III.
8. sgogeta4 (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Why would you want a product that Samsung/Corning sells to its competitors? Like previous products, they'll get something at the equivalent or better. After all, it's funded by themselves, why wouldn't they get the best stuff...
5. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
yay i finally see an agreement where people agree on phones dont have to be that thin. Use the extra space for something new to the phone world, or ya for battery.
6. androidrockzz (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
What about battery life?? isn't there any upgrade or better battery life solution??
7. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
They need to make it stronger, not thinner.
9. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i'm all for thin, but i would take a bulkier device if it meant i could use it all day and not have to worry about charging
11. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
haha i love the idea of Gorilla glass. But that picture... wow.. just wow..
12. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This will raise the cost of our handsets. MORE EXPENSES
15. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i am happy with the current gorilla glass, but not with the current battery performance.. so yeah, i rather have slightly bulkier phone that lasts more than 2 days than to have thin phone that can only last half a day..