Goophone i5S launched in China, tries to convince us it's an iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:38
Remember how back in August, a Chinese phone maker released an iPhone 5 look-alike before the real deal was even official? Well, Goophone has now done it again! Just hours ago, the Goophone i5S – presumably a knock-off of the yet-to-be-announced iPhone 5S, was made available for purchase. And judging by what we see in the video below, the fake looks pretty close to a genuine Apple smartphone, albeit seemingly being a tad thicker...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. avin007 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:52 5 1
I am never been able to understand what this chinese phone makers are up to......they always bring out cheap phones at a cheap price!!!!
9. taikucing posted on 12 Mar 2013, 12:08 1 2
The reason is simple, if you can't surpass the giants, you can follow them. And we don't give a f**k about lawsuit because we only sell it in third world countries.
$150?? it is a very reasonable price compared to the other one which carries a fruit logo.. the fruit phone is way too overpriced just for paying its logo (perhaps the fruit logo is made of diamond).
13. gallitoking posted on 12 Mar 2013, 15:56 0 1
ask Michael Jordan how much his Jumpman logo cost
3. rusticguy posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:59 7 0
yes iPhone running Android (and with Apple logo on the back) are available in Indian grey market for 8K :)
4. platformwars posted on 12 Mar 2013, 07:08 8 4
This is the amount I would actually pay for the iPhone... but this Gophone seems better..
6. darkkjedii posted on 12 Mar 2013, 07:30 6 8
The fact that you said the goophone seems better, when the iPhone 5 has far better specs, and the 5S isn't even out yet shows you only wanna diss apple, and shouldn't be taken seriously.
15. darkkjedii posted on 12 Mar 2013, 16:45 0 0
5. asianface posted on 12 Mar 2013, 07:20 7 0
Looks just like the iPhone 5. but cheaper :D They should put int a little better spec so it would run just as smooth as the iOS6. China can never stop impress me with their copying skill :D
7. TylerGrunter posted on 12 Mar 2013, 09:17 1 0
It may be a knock-off, bu it seems to be working fine with no lags, and with those specs you can't find a better phone for that price!
8. Igneel posted on 12 Mar 2013, 10:48 3 1
The OS is rather well made. I am impressed! That's Android for ya!
10. Neurone posted on 12 Mar 2013, 13:01 1 0
Well ,apple's got one more company in their sue list....
cant imagine, if apple were to use android on their phones....?
12. Droiddoes posted on 12 Mar 2013, 14:27 0 0
" imagine, if apple were to use android on their phones....?"
Then they may actually be worth owning
11. Droiddoes posted on 12 Mar 2013, 14:25 0 1
" The build quality of these knock-offs is often sub-par so you never know when it might just fall apart in your hands"
Yes, quite the stark contrast from apples "superior" "premium" build quality.
- Scratches out of the box
- Dents out of the box
- Anodized finish rubs off
- Anodized finish scratches easily
- Light leak due to shoddy rushed construction
- Frame that can actually bend
- Buttons that get stuck or stop working
Make mine GooPhone!
16. darkkjedii posted on 12 Mar 2013, 16:50 0 2
Now list the s3's cracks along the sides, cracks between the camera and speaker, squeaking due to plastic body, bricking after 3 months. Oops I forgot purple haze just like the iPhone. You're a...well saying it mite get me banned, but you get the picture. All handsets have issues, and you know it. Say what you will, but there are two benchmark phones. iPhone and galaxy, stop hating
17. Droiddoes posted on 12 Mar 2013, 19:38 0 1
"mite"? English much?
Anyway the iphones always preach "premium build quality", so to turn out a turd like the i5 is inexcusable. The "premium build quality" is the only thing that justifies the premium price. DUH.
I've never seen or heard mention of purple haze on the S3, and the cracking plastic was in a select number of initial production units.
To say the S3 had anywhere near the level of defects as the i5 is sheer idiocy. Of course, look who i'm arguing with. I would expect no less from the biggest troll on this site.
18. DeusExMachinax posted on 16 Mar 2013, 09:10 1 0
White version of the GooPhone i5.. looks better than the black one.