Google's tight control over Android worries the Chinese Government
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2013, 07:40 posted on
China is one place where Android has grown tremendously popular. Once a nation preferring Symbian, China quickly switched to Android after Nokia announced it is adopting Windows Phone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Android all the way.
i have IP5 but compared with android, IOS is nothing.
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Nothing other than just working and being a very stable OS with lots of support? Yeah, sounds like nothing.
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
so u rather have APPLE control ur software?
34. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Interesting that iOS is "stable." I know an OS with a lower force close rate.
I guess iBooks is at least stable, and doesn't crash repeatedly on my iPad. /s
20. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
it depends on what you like, why did you but the ip5 if you don't like it.....seriously, its bad to be a fanboy, but its worse to buy what you don't like, that's foolishness.....
29. kboo1995 (unregistered)
The first comment I read in this blog that have some sense in it
36. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
man, IP5 is my first IOS experience and i didn't know anything about it.
don't judge soon.
42. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
now buying something without knowing anything about it is also called as foolishness.....maybe you will tell the same thing about the other operating systems as well
49. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
what do you want to prove?
that im fool?
i'll buy what ever i want. do you know how many phones i have experienced so far? i owned phones with different OS and...
in my opinion, IOS is the most boring OS right now.
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
China is calling another entity controlling. Mind=blown.
21. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
china wants to have everything of its own, the don't want to leave anything to any company that is not related to china
omg.......they are really very hungry to become the next superpower
30. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol china is not a super power just because the economy is growing and massive does not make them a super power. they have no world influence nor is there military even in a position to show power.
33. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
America has had the worlds largest and strongest military force for a very long time, even though our economy is trash. We little have $700billion dollars invested into the military with china at 119billion
43. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
china's is the world's largest economy, but its not a superpower as yet.
they want to become the best in every way, they don't want to leave anything to usa, they are conscious, they also want to maintain a safe distance from countries like india, that have the capability to become superpowers in near future
45. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Lol i wish China wouldn't surpass usa .. Their language is awful + the majority of the people there are rude
Not to mention the Internet censorship
3. Aeires (unregistered)
Too bad, Google would be crazy to give control of that to the Chinese government, they'd totally strip it and cut off Google in every way possible.
4. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
It's there product. They should have some level of control. But if they think Google has tight control....I hate to see what they think of Apple.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The Chinese government is just pissed because Google stands up to their anti human rights bulls**t.
They don't seem to have a problem with Apple hanging out in China, despite Apple having supreme control over iOS.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Yet Google has been accused of many anticompetitive practices.
They aren't pissed by anything.
18. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
or... idk, a troll filter which automatically hides fanboys based on your preferences.
23. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That could fall under the pot calling the kettle black.
22. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
PA isn't forcing you to read Sniggly's comment.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hi Mxy. I'm sure that in your own special way, you're convinced you're being clever.
Sadly, that isn't the case.
Just thought I should let you know. ;)
39. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13574; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I bet you feel so special by telling me that.
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You should stop posting, and go away to AppleInsider! And here's a RED from me
35. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
you aren't any better to me... oh the irony :o