Google's mystery "communication device" could hit the FCC in August
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2012, 16:06 posted on
Google has filed for an August extension for a next generation communication device that uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but no cell radios. What could it be...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. tango_charlie (Posts: 200; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Maybe it's just another tablet. Amazon is rumored to sell a 10" kindle fire this holiday season, maybe Google has its own Nexus 10 in the works.
3. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
This was my thinking. They need a 10inch tab to compete with the regular iPad as well.
4. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
But how would a tablet qualify as a "next generation communication device"? Specifically, Google had to notify the FCC in advance to test it, and then had to request permission to keep testing it because they weren't ready for certification yet; it's hard to imagine that a tablet would be so far off of their "development milestones" as to necessitate an extension.
5. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Could be.....some sort of iPod competitor.