Google's mysterious floating 'showroom' barge project has been scrapped
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2014, 05:39 posted on
Remember Google's mysterious barge, moored to Portland Harbor? Shortly after we first heard about it, we were told that the idea behind is for it to become some sort of a floating showroom for Google products. Unfortunately, it appears the project may have been scrapped...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihavenoname (Posts: 1493; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Some say that Elop was found at the construction site, trying to make it a burning platform.
3. FYoung (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Too bad. They looked cool. They would have made great Google stores or whatever.
I assume they were cancelled due to regulatory problems, such as zoning or building codes.
4. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So there is no info at all on what it was supposed to be or do? What was the plan?
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3603; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Ah, so much for Google's floating porn palaces for the Glass generation.
I am glad Elop has finally found a mission in life that I can support, burning down the Google Glass platform.