Google's billion dollar HQ in London to be made of steel and timber
The building has been designed to meet the highest standards of environmental sustainability, ensuring low energy usage and incorporating state-of-the-art materials.
Much of the internal structure will be constructed using steel framing with cross-laminated timber panels - a first for a contemporary building of this scale.
The aspiration is to achieve BREEAM Outstanding and LEED Platinum ratings and deliver an overall carbon saving of 40%. The external design of the building pays homage to the broad industrial history of the local area, including steel columns, pre-cast concrete panels and low-iron glass. Bolder colours will be introduced through painted steelwork, taking inspiration from architectural elements nearby, including the metalwork at St Pancras International.
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Wow! I hope the glass is a Corning. :D
3. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
The GLASS! It's cool to have a non-reflective glass in a building!
5. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
You are questioning poop. Obviously it wouldn't make sense. Poop doesn't have brain.
good comment poop! Keep your sh*t together!
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, poop doesn't have brain, but it does have the SMELL...
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Of poop. Which really smells!
9. Kurai (unregistered)
No! . . .the glass will shutter!
10. lovefist (unregistered)
they need a shutter button then =D
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The one and only™
Like no others ®
16. volcano (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
hm i guess google trying to be the new apple