Google’s Pwnium pays $60,000 to hacker for breaching Chrome browser
0. phoneArena 12 Oct 2012, 15:52 posted on
Proving that Google will pursue just about any opportunity to shore up vulnerabilities in their platforms, the search giant paid out $60,000...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Innovation (Posts: 601; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
With all due respect, Google doesn't f*** around.
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I wish they also pay out MS for using their patents that quickly...
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
No just the apple fanatics and android zealots, everyone else is pretty much fine on their own account.
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
if it is about Android/Google, G-King will find a way to 'down' it...the idiot has been on here for over a year spreading misinformation....
5. metalpoet (unregistered)
Hell yeah!!!! God i wish i was a hacker that way google could pay me out lol
10. The_Innovation (Posts: 601; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Can you imagine? That's a decent salary right there. 60K, just like that.
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That's why i buy google products.
Apple would have sued the hackers. Js
12. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I could swear Apple has a patent on this process, and a gag order on the details which you just let fly...
Are you prepared to have your home and office raided by the Govenment... on behalf of Apple of course...
13. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
No, but they'd have spent a month denying the problem existed, and then announced an OS update - no bug fixes, just improvements.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm here just to say...
That pony is cute!!! :D
11. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
JOIN THE HORDE!
man... it should have been rainbow dash that won...
i like the picture
14. BadAssAbe (Posts: 454; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
If this was apple,they would sued for 60,000 and tooken his laptop LOL
16. sdcard_hater (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Pony spamming sucks ass, keep it to your own self offline, or go watch The Cell, the part where a horse gets sliced by glass blade, a metaphorically way of saying "Ponies sucks"
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5951; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"Pinkie Pie was able to exploit and attack against two vulnerabilities in the browser. The first was related to the browser’s WebKit Scalable Vector Graphics functions which allowed him to compromise the renderer process."
Webkit....doesnt this help Apple in a round about way too?