Google's Nexus site redesign references plural "phones"
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 17:32 posted on
Not all of the best stories today has come from IFA in Berlin. Actually, not all of the best stories have necessarily been "news" per se. One of the most interesting developments from our perspective has come from a simple redesign of Google's official Nexus website. The Google Nexus site has always been a good resource for getting info on Nexus devices, and it has just been redesigned...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. boosook (Posts: 993; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
IMHO it's just that for a period they'll sell both the old nexus 4 and the new one.
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Or could be referring to the multiple Google edition phones. Or anything. Much too broad to mean anything significant really.
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google Edition phones are not Nexus phones. That's why Google Edition phones get listed in the Play Store, not the Nexus page
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Touché. But I still feel like this is gonna be a let down, given that there hasn't been a single anouncment of a Nexus 5.
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google usually doesn't announce new Nexus handsets until late October anyway, so I'm not that worried. Even though I'm likely going to upgrade to a new Nexus, I'm a bit more interested to see the Nexus 10 refresh.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Another month, another version of Android???
Just had to say it.
12. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
go to your basement your beloved nokia is now gone
7. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
everyone ready for the best Nexus phone to date?
10. promise7 (Posts: 412; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
oh em gee guys, they said PHONES on the menu!!! that's plural! front page news!
14. brober (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
The most likely reason for the plural is the fact that there are two versions of the Nexus 4, 16GB and 32GB. They are shown at the bottom of the page reached from the Phones link.
15. Genersis (Posts: 185; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I hope both are real.
That would prove very interesting; but I doubt it personally.