Google's Ground Truth maps add 10 more countries, brag a Bulgarian highway nobody yet covers
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2012, 02:56 posted on
Spain, Andorra, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, and Slovakia are the new countries added to the Ground Truth project, and Google even bragged in its blog post that it has added all the length of the brand new Trakiya highway section in Bulgaria, for instance, which is so fresh that it is not reflected yet by other services...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. random (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Thats great, can see 3d maps now here in Slovenia.
9. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
OMG, I Have a friend from Bulgaria, This is the second Bulgarian News I heard today, cool!!!!
2. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
no project ground truth in Asian countries. That's too bad
3. brar.arsh (Posts: 177; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Google is making it to the Headlines Everyday.. probably the best time in Google's history..
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
5. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
It's hard to believe how young Google is as a company. It was founded in September 1998. I can't wait to see what the next few years hold!
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Is the street view available in the world's most dangerous country : Somalia ?
8. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Am I the only one that is Bulgarian in here?
10. TheMan (Posts: 436; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
So, how do Nokia's satnav and mapping coverage compare? Anyone know?