Google's Eric Schmidt wants in on the ground floor in Myanmar
1. nobelset (Posts: 260; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Wish they set up Google fiber here, then they could brag their Internet is 1000 times faster, not 100 times like in Kansas. The state run telecom is selfish, they sell SIM cards for around $250 and a 2mbps adsl costs over $150 per month.
4. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
SIM card for around $250? Wow,seems like the government really wanna encourage people to use cell phones
9. nobelset (Posts: 260; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Yea, but recent reforms led by the new president have been very relieving and he requested the cards to be dropped to around 5 dollars. Woww, what a difference right
8. riggsy (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Actually the google fiber is in Kansas City, Missouri
3. Aeires (unregistered)
So does Apple. So does Microsoft. So does "insert company name here." Most companies, anyway.
6. Blazers (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The cheapest labor they can in the world, plus ad revenue. Steve Jobs ghost must be screaming at the Apple board members "why didn't you think of this first?!?"
10. nobelset (Posts: 260; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
A lot of people here have salaries that makes an average of $100 or less per month. I would beg Google to make jobs here LOL