Google's Eric Schmidt photographed using Motorola Moto X
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2013, 08:00 posted on
Oh hai, Motorola Moto X! After so many leaks, nothing gives us more confidence about your true existence than a high-res photograph of none other than Google chairman…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. q_businessman (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Dang, that actually looks really nice. Really thin too. I like the attention to customization too.
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
oh indeed it looks really nice, much better than the leaks
13. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Please answer me, does it have a removable battery, microSD card slot, and an FM radio? If there's none, I'll pass.
41. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The hell you want a removable battery for?
45. MartianMe (unregistered)
It is easier to replace it...you can buy it anywhere for $30. pop it in right away and you're good to go..fones like iphone or htc one means more business for the carriers ...you have to pay like $100 to replace and you still have to deal with them...i don't know about you but i hate that and so a lot of people.
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Most phones come with a warranty and manufacturers will cover you for a faulty battery regardless, and a lot of people on carriers pay for insurance. I cracked the display on my GS2, yeah I could have fixed it myself, but my insurance covered me and I got a new unit sent to me with overnight shipping at no cost, other than the monthly fee for insurance of course.
44. JunitoNH (Posts: 1226; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
If true, I doubt a phone this thin going to have removable battery.
49. Daftama (Posts: 590; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
From the looks of it no removable battery but SD for sure... Looks more HTC one but definitely nice look
15. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It does look pretty swank. The x factor :P will be screen size for me. If it's less than 4.7", I'll wait for the Droid Ultra.
21. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
With the right specs and the option to engrave it I might want it
30. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'd take a Motorola-built One clone with nearly stock Android for $100 subsidized!
32. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
That's what I thought it was at first glance lol but if you look close its different from the ONE in some ways
2. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 58; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
The phone is much thinner than i expected. I sure hope that thegydont sacrifice battery. My note 2 is the only phone that can keep up with me. Who cares about thinness when u tote a charger around with you. Who cares about features when tbe device dies?
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
hopefully will see a good battery life on them so far the RAZR Maxx family does a well job in terms of battery. so i expect good battery
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's cause Schmidt is using the smaller battery version, there will be a MAXX too.
3. Piotrek007 (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
A bit rounded at the back... reminds me HTC ONE :o
11. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
And htc one is based on xperia p back and z10 front
12. Diego! (Posts: 534; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I was goint to write exactly the same. It's a MOTOcopy!!!! :O
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Same thought. Looks much better than the leaked images previously showed.
19. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The white back and black front reminds me of the evo 4g
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1414; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
eh decent but not worth giving up my note 2 for
9. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
rounded corners?motorola x does infrige Apple invention.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm really digging the design. Looks like the HTC One, but the fact that the phone appears really think makes it a whole lot better. White model looks way better than the black one.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Lucky guy. And Verizon is not carrying the same X PHONE like Eric have.
26. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Not yet, at least. What's your fixation with Verizon though? It's a new Motorola. The Moto X is coming to 3 of the 4 major carriers, plus regional carriers.
51. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
because they always get the MOTOROLA phones FIRST before anyone else does. like the RAZR HD/MAXXX
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And android fanboys are currently traveling to the site where the pic was taken, to worship him.
27. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
And only apple fanboys are saying this thing.
29. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, not cool dude. Two wrongs don't make a right.
31. boosook (Posts: 1226; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
perfect size! the phone seems to be just the perfect size!
34. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I can't tell if it's just my crappy work laptop or maybe some artifact from the picture (maybe even just my eyesight), but in the closer up 2nd image does the back seem to have a faint criss-cross pattern of carbon fiber, or perhaps a texture for grip?
35. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's not just you. There's definitely a crosshatched grip pattern on the back. Nice catch.
37. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Whew! Thanks for reaffirming my questionable sanity.
39. kozza3 (Posts: 595; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
that would be a sexy addition, but i think it just looks that way
42. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
If this doesn't come out by the end of July, I'm buying something else. Please come out now, you look like a masterpiece. D:
47. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
August 23rd was the release date for the Moto X on Verizon's road map, and Verizon usually gets broadly available phones last (HTC One and Galaxy S4 for example), so late July might be an accurate launch date prediction. If not, it'll definitely be early August.
Also, from your profile, you have a Nexus 4. Why would you replace it with the Moto X? Just curious.
50. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The design, it's gorgeous, The Nexus 4 FEELS good but it's design is uninspiring, I don't like that. Besides, the specs of the Moto X could better than the likes of the Nexus 4.
53. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't see why you would downgrade in terms of specifications just because of design. The Moto X's specs have been all but confirmed; it has a smaller screen than the Nexus 4 and essentially the same processor but uses the dual core variant of the S4 Pro instead of the quad core S4 Pro in the Nexus 4.
54. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
That's like the nexus 7 refresh, The K009 is unconfirmed and not accurate. I'll wait for official news first.
48. mottykels (Posts: 373; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Looks like a combination of HTC ONe And S4 back design.
55. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3423; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's great design and it looks pretty good but i don't think so its a Moto X. If it's then it's lovely.