Google's Chris Dale refutes two rumors about Google Glass with one tweet
Even if the Best Buy rumor isn't true, the Big Box retailer appears to have some interest in the idea. In a tweet sent out to a tech blog, Best Buy said through a spokesman, "At this point, we do not have plans to announce more collaborations. However, as our CEO Hubert Joly said during earnings this week, if a partnership makes sense for our customers, the vendor and Best Buy, we would be open to considering expansion."
So for the moment, Best Buy is not reserving any space for the sale of Google Glass, and the connected specs will not be priced at $299. As far as the latter is concerned, the question is whether Google Glass will be priced above that threshold or below it.
10. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
I cant wait to see idiots driving wearing this crap...
2. buccob (Posts: 1566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So we could say he killed two rumors with one bird
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6737; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Anothe reason should wait till their official press conference.
4. CellularNinja (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
My guess is it would be below $299. Not because I don't think it's worth more, but because I know Google. :)
6. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
you are wrong therefore you don´t know google
12. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Because it will be more than 299 and you don´t know google
13. CellularNinja (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Haha you take yourself way too seriously bro. But okay.
14. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
lol, sorry, sometimes I really do that... thanks for the heads up
5. MirOsamahAli (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It'll cost more of course, not less anyway.
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm guessing it will be sold somewhere between $400 - $700 initially and then drop in price by Christmas.
8. taikucing (unregistered)
so beautiful. I mean, the glass ;)
9. TheMan (Posts: 424; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Below 300? Not in dollars. You'll be lucky if it's only that in British pounds.